Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Israelis invest in firepower as knife attacks rise

Israelis invest in firepower as knife attacks rise

Exceptionally, security guards have been asked no longer to leave their firearms at the workplace, and civilians with licenses have been urged to keep their weapons on them -- and make sure they are visible.

http://news.yahoo.com/israelis-inves...035421290.html
    Teachable moment?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Teachable moment?
    Oh, no, politician and academic gun grabbers know more than mere legally armed citizens defending their lives on the streets daily. "Whaat, you didn't kill anyone, or even pull your gun today? See you've no more credibility than the million monkey-politicians clattering away at their keyboards that don't even have a gun."
    Last edited by Nightmare; 10-16-2015 at 07:09 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Israel should have never instituted the stricter gun regulations, hopefully they have learned, and will change the laws permanently. Gun control does not work, if a person cannot get a gun, they will use a knife, or a bomb. If you can't trust people to own, and carry guns, you can't trust them to follow laws, making the laws useless.

It is time in this country not only to not restrict carry, but to encourage carry. It is time to return to the state, and local armed militia. Those people that are of age, and not physically disabled, or mentally, should be trained, and armed. It is our responsibility.

Many people are starting to get it, as a larger percentage of the population carry than years past. But that carry is mostly based on government permission, that when the wind shifts will see the guns confiscated just like UK, and Australia. We need an amendment that mandates the courts follow strict scrutiny, should not be necessary, but the progressives, and politicians have to have it spelled out plainer than it already is.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

If the terrorists have forced us to change the way we live our lives and have us carry guns within/out our person then the terrorists have already won...oh, wait...ah...nevermind...carry on

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Israel should have never instituted the stricter gun regulations, hopefully they have learned, and will change the laws permanently. Gun control does not work, if a person cannot get a gun, they will use a knife, or a bomb. If you can't trust people to own, and carry guns, you can't trust them to follow laws, making the laws useless.

It is time in this country not only to not restrict carry, but to encourage carry. It is time to return to the state, and local armed militia. Those people that are of age, and not physically disabled, or mentally, should be trained, and armed. It is our responsibility.

Many people are starting to get it, as a larger percentage of the population carry than years past. But that carry is mostly based on government permission, that when the wind shifts will see the guns confiscated just like UK, and Australia. We need an amendment that mandates the courts follow strict scrutiny, should not be necessary, but the progressives, and politicians have to have it spelled out plainer than it already is.
    All those ARs, other firearms and ammo brought since Sandy Hook where just brought to turn in when the government wants them.

for those who didn't get it. /S/
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by Bernymac View Post
    If the terrorists have forced us to change the way we live our lives and have us carry guns within/out our person then the terrorists have already won...oh, wait...ah...nevermind...carry on
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    If you can't trust people to own, and carry guns, you can't trust them to follow laws, making the laws useless.
    That's the obvious point that the gun grabbers can't seem to wrap their little heads around though. It is already illegal to kill, steal, etc. It only follows logically that these people using guns for illegal purposes don't care how they break the law. They are going to do what they are going to do.

"If you can't trust people to own, and carry guns, you can't trust them to follow laws, making the laws useless."

Quote Originally Posted by hughntx View Post
    That's the obvious point that the gun grabbers can't seem to wrap their little heads around though. It is already illegal to kill, steal, etc. It only follows logically that these people using guns for illegal purposes don't care how they break the law. They are going to do what they are going to do.
    That's why we shouldn't have ANY laws, because some folks can't be trusted with firearms and so they won't follow any laws. smh

I don't think anyone on this forum would like to live in Israel under their current firearm laws.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...cates-suggest/
    http://jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/israel-firearms.htm
    http://www.loc.gov/law/help/firearms-control/israel.php
    Last edited by beebobby; 10-16-2015 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    "If you can't trust people to own, and carry guns, you can't trust them to follow laws, making the laws useless."

That's why we shouldn't have ANY laws, because some folks can't be trusted with firearms and so they won't follow any laws. smh

I don't think anyone on this forum would like to live in Israel under their current firearm laws.
    1. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...cates-suggest/
    2. http://jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/israel-firearms.htm
    3. http://www.loc.gov/law/help/firearms-control/israel.php
    hummm...

1. seems Ms. Rosembaum's , PhD epidemolody, research originally published in an article called: Gun Utopias? Firearm Access and Ownership in Israel and Switzerland, published in the Journal of Public Health Policy 33, p. 47 (2012)) then Ms. Rosembaum regurgitated it in the Foreign Policy, http://foreignpolicy.com/2012/12/19/...ue-of-our-own/ , which was then cited by the 2012 Washington post's article has been challenged by finem respice as...let me see how did they word it: quote: ...that the body of your research...can only be described as "shoddy," at best. At worst it appears more like raw academic fraud. unquote http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2975352/posts

2. JPFO's site states: quote: This page’s contents were first placed circa 2002 and so must be regarded as possibly having changed over time, but perhaps this can still be useful for an initial reference unquote. doesn't seem too restrictive to me:
    a. Part-time reservist (volunteer) for 3 years- may own 1 handgun
    b. Such a reservist (volunteer) is a member of a gun club - may own 1 rifle
    c. Professional, licensed public transportation driver, transporting a minimum of 5 passengers - may own 1 handgun
    d. Licensed animal control officer- may own 2 hunting rifles, *not* full automatic weapons, or semi-automatic weapons with a limited capacity magazine.
    e. Full-time dealer of jewelry or large sums of cash or valuables - may own 1 handgun
    or veterans:
    1. Veterans of the Regular Army honorably discharged with the rank of non-commissioned officer, and veterans of the Reserve Army with the rank of regimental commander- may own 1 handgun
    2. Retired law enforcement officers with the rank of sergeant - may own 1 handgun
    3. Retired prison guards with the rank of squadron commander- may own 1 handgun

3. i'll let the members read the section under the heading Firearms Licensing Criteria: August 2011–Present themselves but my read is if an Israeli citizen asks and meets the MH and training criteria is allowed to have one handgun and 50 rounds of ammo for their use.

bottom line, if you are gonna sling make sure the material being slung is viable or the rebound effect of the stuff slung might hit you in the face.

now when am i getting my one way ticket and visa? (i'll even provide my own handgun and 50 rounds of ammo so i am not a burden on the economy of the government. )

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 10-16-2015 at 03:03 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

You will have to live there 3 years (uninterrupted) and have a basic knowledge of the Hebrew language.

The language thing would trip me up.

You will have to live there 3 years (uninterrupted) and have a basic knowledge of the Hebrew language.

The language thing would trip me up.
    English trips me up...as i tell those who ask...english is my third, second, and first language...

to, too, two,

here, hear

their, they're, there

sense, cents

and so forth, or is it fourth or...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by hughntx View Post
    It so the progressives can feel good, never mind that criminals admit they break firearm laws. Ignorant is as the ignorant do.

Liberalism/progressive is a mental disease.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    I think rather, if it constitutes aggression against another it should be illegal, whether the law will be "effective" or not, and if it isn't aggression against another, it likely should legal, and in that case, pursuing a desired result can't possibly justify prohibition (granting consequentialism some legitimacy for the sake of argument, but it has none) because the prohibition doesn't achieve the result.

You see, the basis for laws against, say, murder, is quite different from the basis for firearm prohibition. The fact that a prohibition is not effective does legitimately cause the basis for the firearm prohibition to flounder, but it doesn't for the basis for prohibiting murder.
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    I think rather, if it constitutes aggression against another it should be illegal, whether the law will be "effective" or not, and if it isn't aggression against another, it likely should legal, and in that case, pursuing a desired result can't possibly justify prohibition (granting consequentialism some legitimacy for the sake of argument, but it has none) because the prohibition doesn't achieve the result.

You see, the basis for laws against, say, murder, is quite different from the basis for firearm prohibition. The fact that a prohibition is not effective does legitimately cause the basis for the firearm prohibition to flounder, but it doesn't for the basis for prohibiting murder.
    Are you referring to laws that are mala in se vs mala prohibita?

Banning firearm ownership is a bad idea because no one is harmed by the act of simply owning guns/firearms (mala prohibita), while murder is wrong even without formal laws (mala in se).

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    English trips me up...as i tell those who ask...english is my third, second, and first language...

to, too, two,

here, hear

their, they're, there

sense, cents

and so forth, or is it fourth or...

ipse
    Really? I believe that is all covered by the 9th grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Dario View Post
    About the time that the many dyslexia are noticed/diagnosed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dario View Post
    Dario, Colorado doesn't cover this primary school grammatically taught point till middle school? wow, my perception of their educational system is now destroyed.

ipse

NLT 9th grade, DA.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    NLT 9th grade, DA.
    quote: Most people who speak English as a first language master the distinction in primary school.... unquote. http://grammarist.com/usage/to-too/

quote: Full Definition of PRIMARY SCHOOL: 1. a school usually including the first three grades of elementary school but sometimes also including kindergarten. unquote http://www.merriam-webster.com/dicti...imary%20school

w/cite as mandated by forum policy...

ipse

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Are you referring to laws that are mala in se vs mala prohibita?

Banning firearm ownership is a bad idea because no one is harmed by the act of simply owning guns/firearms (mala prohibita), while murder is wrong even without formal laws (mala in se).

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    That wasn't precisely my thought, but I believe you understand pretty well what I mean and you bring up another good way to look at it, yes.
    Dario, Colorado doesn't cover this primary school grammatically taught point till middle school? wow, my perception of their educational system is now destroyed.

ipse
    It's only just now destroyed? Hehe, I've lost faith in our education system so many times over, I just don't even quite know what to say about it anymore...
    Advocate freedom please

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Again the media and the demagogues don't look any further to see what the root of all the evil is.

US should never have help start an Israel and they should stop sending foreign aid to any country on a state level including Israel.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    That wasn't precisely my thought, but I believe you understand pretty well what I mean and you bring up another good way to look at it, yes.

It's only just now destroyed? Hehe, I've lost faith in our education system so many times over, I just don't even quite know what to say about it anymore...
    well with quote: Officially, the U.S. has a high school graduation rate of 81 percent a historic high. But our months-long investigation, in partnership with reporters at 14 member stations, reveals that this number should be taken with a big grain of salt. read the remainder of this June 15 NPR article http://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2015/06/09/412939852/high-school-graduation-rates-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ambiguous

and school systems are playing with the numbers for one reason and one reason only: $$$$$

Ipse

well with quote: Officially, the U.S. has a high school graduation rate of 81 percent a historic high. But our months-long investigation, in partnership with reporters at 14 member stations, reveals that this number should be taken with a big grain of salt. read the remainder of this June 15 NPR article http://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2015/06/09/412939852/high-school-graduation-rates-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ambiguous

and school systems are playing with the numbers for one reason and one reason only: $$$$$

Ipse

Keep lowering the standards and the rate will stay high.

So many college kids getting government loans and then having to spend 2 years learning what should have been taught the prior 12.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

I knew college was a scam long before I went to college. But, it certainly expanded my knowledge of, and experience with, the "party culture"...worth it? You bet.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    I knew college was a scam long before I went to college. But, it certainly expanded my knowledge of, and experience with, the "party culture"...worth it? You bet.
    At one time a person could pay his own way through for that experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast