• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Israelis invest in firepower as knife attacks rise

WalkingWolf

Israel should have never instituted the stricter gun regulations, hopefully they have learned, and will change the laws permanently. Gun control does not work, if a person cannot get a gun, they will use a knife, or a bomb. If you can't trust people to own, and carry guns, you can't trust them to follow laws, making the laws useless.

It is time in this country not only to not restrict carry, but to encourage carry. It is time to return to the state, and local armed militia. Those people that are of age, and not physically disabled, or mentally, should be trained, and armed. It is our responsibility.

Many people are starting to get it, as a larger percentage of the population carry than years past. But that carry is mostly based on government permission, that when the wind shifts will see the guns confiscated just like UK, and Australia. We need an amendment that mandates the courts follow strict scrutiny, should not be necessary, but the progressives, and politicians have to have it spelled out plainer than it already is.

Bernymac

If the terrorists have forced us to change the way we live our lives and have us carry guns within/out our person then the terrorists have already won...oh, wait...ah...nevermind...carry on :uhoh::shocker::eek:

Firearms Iinstuctor

Israel should have never instituted the stricter gun regulations, hopefully they have learned, and will change the laws permanently. Gun control does not work, if a person cannot get a gun, they will use a knife, or a bomb. If you can't trust people to own, and carry guns, you can't trust them to follow laws, making the laws useless.

It is time in this country not only to not restrict carry, but to encourage carry. It is time to return to the state, and local armed militia. Those people that are of age, and not physically disabled, or mentally, should be trained, and armed. It is our responsibility.

Many people are starting to get it, as a larger percentage of the population carry than years past. But that carry is mostly based on government permission, that when the wind shifts will see the guns confiscated just like UK, and Australia. We need an amendment that mandates the courts follow strict scrutiny, should not be necessary, but the progressives, and politicians have to have it spelled out plainer than it already is.

All those ARs, other firearms and ammo brought since Sandy Hook where just brought to turn in when the government wants them.

for those who didn't get it. /S/

hughntx

If you can't trust people to own, and carry guns, you can't trust them to follow laws, making the laws useless.

That's the obvious point that the gun grabbers can't seem to wrap their little heads around though. It is already illegal to kill, steal, etc. It only follows logically that these people using guns for illegal purposes don't care how they break the law. They are going to do what they are going to do.

beebobby

"If you can't trust people to own, and carry guns, you can't trust them to follow laws, making the laws useless."

That's the obvious point that the gun grabbers can't seem to wrap their little heads around though. It is already illegal to kill, steal, etc. It only follows logically that these people using guns for illegal purposes don't care how they break the law. They are going to do what they are going to do.

That's why we shouldn't have ANY laws, because some folks can't be trusted with firearms and so they won't follow any laws. smh

I don't think anyone on this forum would like to live in Israel under their current firearm laws.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...stricter-than-some-u-s-gun-advocates-suggest/
http://jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/israel-firearms.htm
http://www.loc.gov/law/help/firearms-control/israel.php

Last edited:

solus

"If you can't trust people to own, and carry guns, you can't trust them to follow laws, making the laws useless."

That's why we shouldn't have ANY laws, because some folks can't be trusted with firearms and so they won't follow any laws. smh

I don't think anyone on this forum would like to live in Israel under their current firearm laws.
1. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...stricter-than-some-u-s-gun-advocates-suggest/
2. http://jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/israel-firearms.htm
3. http://www.loc.gov/law/help/firearms-control/israel.php

hummm...

1. seems Ms. Rosembaum's , PhD epidemolody, research originally published in an article called: Gun Utopias? Firearm Access and Ownership in Israel and Switzerland, published in the Journal of Public Health Policy 33, p. 47 (2012)) then Ms. Rosembaum regurgitated it in the Foreign Policy, http://foreignpolicy.com/2012/12/19/a-league-of-our-own/ , which was then cited by the 2012 Washington post's article has been challenged by finem respice as...let me see how did they word it: quote: ...that the body of your research...can only be described as "shoddy," at best. At worst it appears more like raw academic fraud. unquote http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2975352/posts

2. JPFO's site states: quote: This page’s contents were first placed circa 2002 and so must be regarded as possibly having changed over time, but perhaps this can still be useful for an initial reference unquote. doesn't seem too restrictive to me:
a. Part-time reservist (volunteer) for 3 years- may own 1 handgun
b. Such a reservist (volunteer) is a member of a gun club - may own 1 rifle
c. Professional, licensed public transportation driver, transporting a minimum of 5 passengers - may own 1 handgun
d. Licensed animal control officer- may own 2 hunting rifles, *not* full automatic weapons, or semi-automatic weapons with a limited capacity magazine.
e. Full-time dealer of jewelry or large sums of cash or valuables - may own 1 handgun
or veterans:
1. Veterans of the Regular Army honorably discharged with the rank of non-commissioned officer, and veterans of the Reserve Army with the rank of regimental commander- may own 1 handgun
2. Retired law enforcement officers with the rank of sergeant - may own 1 handgun
3. Retired prison guards with the rank of squadron commander- may own 1 handgun

3. i'll let the members read the section under the heading Firearms Licensing Criteria: August 2011–Present themselves but my read is if an Israeli citizen asks and meets the MH and training criteria is allowed to have one handgun and 50 rounds of ammo for their use.

bottom line, if you are gonna sling make sure the material being slung is viable or the rebound effect of the stuff slung might hit you in the face.

now when am i getting my one way ticket and visa? (i'll even provide my own handgun and 50 rounds of ammo so i am not a burden on the economy of the government. :banana:)

ipse

Last edited:

solus

WalkingWolf

It so the progressives can feel good, never mind that criminals admit they break firearm laws. Ignorant is as the ignorant do.

Liberalism/progressive is a mental disease.

stealthyeliminator

I think rather, if it constitutes aggression against another it should be illegal, whether the law will be "effective" or not, and if it isn't aggression against another, it likely should legal, and in that case, pursuing a desired result can't possibly justify prohibition (granting consequentialism some legitimacy for the sake of argument, but it has none) because the prohibition doesn't achieve the result.

You see, the basis for laws against, say, murder, is quite different from the basis for firearm prohibition. The fact that a prohibition is not effective does legitimately cause the basis for the firearm prohibition to flounder, but it doesn't for the basis for prohibiting murder.

Freedom1Man

I think rather, if it constitutes aggression against another it should be illegal, whether the law will be "effective" or not, and if it isn't aggression against another, it likely should legal, and in that case, pursuing a desired result can't possibly justify prohibition (granting consequentialism some legitimacy for the sake of argument, but it has none) because the prohibition doesn't achieve the result.

You see, the basis for laws against, say, murder, is quite different from the basis for firearm prohibition. The fact that a prohibition is not effective does legitimately cause the basis for the firearm prohibition to flounder, but it doesn't for the basis for prohibiting murder.
Are you referring to laws that are mala in se vs mala prohibita?

Banning firearm ownership is a bad idea because no one is harmed by the act of simply owning guns/firearms (mala prohibita), while murder is wrong even without formal laws (mala in se).

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Dario

English trips me up...as i tell those who ask...english is my third, second, and first language...:eek:

to, too, two,

here, hear

their, they're, there

sense, cents

and so forth, or is it fourth or...

ipse

Really? I believe that is all covered by the 9th grade.

solus

Really? I believe that is all covered by the 9th grade.

Dario, Colorado doesn't cover this primary school grammatically taught point till middle school? wow, my perception of their educational system is now destroyed.

ipse

solus

stealthyeliminator

Are you referring to laws that are mala in se vs mala prohibita?

Banning firearm ownership is a bad idea because no one is harmed by the act of simply owning guns/firearms (mala prohibita), while murder is wrong even without formal laws (mala in se).

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
That wasn't precisely my thought, but I believe you understand pretty well what I mean and you bring up another good way to look at it, yes.
Dario, Colorado doesn't cover this primary school grammatically taught point till middle school? wow, my perception of their educational system is now destroyed.

ipse

:lol: It's only just now destroyed? Hehe, I've lost faith in our education system so many times over, I just don't even quite know what to say about it anymore...

sudden valley gunner

Again the media and the demagogues don't look any further to see what the root of all the evil is.

US should never have help start an Israel and they should stop sending foreign aid to any country on a state level including Israel.

solus

That wasn't precisely my thought, but I believe you understand pretty well what I mean and you bring up another good way to look at it, yes.

:lol: It's only just now destroyed? Hehe, I've lost faith in our education system so many times over, I just don't even quite know what to say about it anymore...

well with quote: Officially, the U.S. has a high school graduation rate of 81 percent — a historic high. But our months-long investigation, in partnership with reporters at 14 member stations, reveals that this number should be taken with a big grain of salt. [FONT=Georgia, serif]read the remainder of this June 15 NPR article [/FONT]http://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2015/06/09/412939852/high-school-graduation-rates-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ambiguous

and school systems are playing with the numbers for one reason and one reason only: $$$$$

Ipse

sudden valley gunner

well with quote: Officially, the U.S. has a high school graduation rate of 81 percent — a historic high. But our months-long investigation, in partnership with reporters at 14 member stations, reveals that this number should be taken with a big grain of salt. read the remainder of this June 15 NPR article http://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2015/06/09/412939852/high-school-graduation-rates-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ambiguous

and school systems are playing with the numbers for one reason and one reason only: $$$$$

Ipse

Keep lowering the standards and the rate will stay high.

So many college kids getting government loans and then having to spend 2 years learning what should have been taught the prior 12.

OC for ME

I knew college was a scam long before I went to college. But, it certainly expanded my knowledge of, and experience with, the "party culture"...worth it? You bet.