Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 69

Thread: Greentop door person shoots self

  1. #1
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    Greentop door person shoots self

    was looking for a new priming tool when BAM from up front.
    The door guard checked to see if a gun was unloaded but no one told him it was a bad idea to hold your hand over the muzzle.
    A good lesson from the highly trained staff at green tops.


  2. #2
    Activist Member JamesCanby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Posts
    1,543
    Greentop personnel check to see if a firearm is loaded when one arrives?

    I can't envision how one would cover the muzzle when checking for a clear chamber...

    Bizarre.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

  3. #3
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    A little more I'm learning. Guard pointed at the barrel and the customer said that's not how you unload it, and reached for it. The guard jerked it away and fired at the same time. The bullet went wild somewhere.
    I got tossed out physically for taking pictures.

  4. #4
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,611
    Thumbody had a zinger on the trigger - bad place for it.

    Tossed for taking pictures? They might have done better to offer to buy all copies.

    Since they are checking for loaded guns, may we presume they determined that one was loaded?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  5. #5
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Thumbody had a zinger on the trigger - bad place for it.

    Tossed for taking pictures? They might have done better to offer to buy all copies. p
    Yes...it would have been better to not grab and push an elderly person.
    It cost them a $2.98 sale. I went to bass pro to buy it.

  6. #6
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,611
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Yes...it would have been better to not grab and push an elderly person.
    It cost them a $2.98 sale. I went to bass pro to buy it.
    Whoa, back up, please. They physically, as in manually touched, contacted your person? Used force with deliberate forethought? Oh my - oh my - oh my.

    What are you ordering?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Thumbody had a zinger on the trigger - bad place for it.

    Tossed for taking pictures? They might have done better to offer to buy all copies.

    Since they are checking for loaded guns, may we presume they determined that one was loaded?
    They are waiting for Tmac and Fishboy to determine that. They KNOW how to make Virginia safe, just ask them.

  8. #8
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Wowwie!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    They are waiting for Tmac and Fishboy to determine that. They KNOW how to make Virginia safe, just ask them.
















    Soooooooo,, you were really there!!! taking pics?

    you are the MAN,,,




















    wow
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  9. #9
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Whoa, back up, please. They physically, as in manually touched, contacted your person? Used force with deliberate forethought? Oh my - oh my - oh my.

    What are you ordering?
    Absolutely...grabbed me by the shoulder and jerked, then more hit or thumped than pushed me in the back. I turned around and suggested he not touch me again and he backed away.
    Last edited by peter nap; 10-17-2015 at 04:31 PM.

  10. #10
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,867
    i am with grape...peter ~ they laid hands on you and not in the 'heal knave' or 'heal thy self' hallelujah type church perception?

    R E A L L Y???

    got the letter written to the DM and Corp office yet?

    ipse
    Last edited by solus; 10-17-2015 at 04:34 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  11. #11
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    i am with grape...peter ~ they laid hands on you and not in the 'heal knave' or 'heal thy self' hallelujah type church perception?

    R E A L L Y???

    got the letter written to the DM and Corp office yet?

    ipse
    Thought I'd talk to Dan about it. It should be on their security cameras.

  12. #12
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    There were actually two of them that went after me. The second one didn't touch me, he just threw his hand up in front of the camera.

  13. #13
    Regular Member DeSchaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    604
    I'm with Grape on this. Got a nice new truck picked out? Set of his and hers ATV's?

    Also, am I correct in the assumption that this is the sporting goods store? Being not from VA., I don't really know what it is without google.
    Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
    Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
    Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
    Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
    -Patrick Henry, Virginia Ratification Convention, June 5, 1788

  14. #14
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,867
    i didn't believe it was greentop's policy to not allow holstered firearms in their establishments?

    i have only visited once a while ago while on a road trip to VA.

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  15. #15
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    i didn't believe it was greentop's policy to not allow holstered firearms in their establishments?

    i have only visited once a while ago while on a road trip to VA.

    ipse
    Holstered is tine, everything gets checked and tagged.

  16. #16
    Regular Member HPmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,597
    I would call the Govnr's hotline and report this - you should be able to collect a reward for improper use of a firearm.
    Use that money as retainer to sue the store for violation of your 1A right to take photos.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

  17. #17
    Regular Member Marco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Greene County
    Posts
    3,844
    Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    I would call the Govnr's hotline and report this - you should be able to collect a reward for improper use of a firearm.
    Use that money as retainer to sue the store for violation of your 1A right to take photos.
    emphasis mine....
    The store employee's(owner's or their agents) didn't violate his 1A rights!!!!!
    However, it would appear if they touched Mr. Nap they committed battery, and possibly a crime against a senior/elderly which might enhance penalties if found guilty of a crime.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.


    ~Alan Korwin

  18. #18
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    emphasis mine....
    The store employee's(owner's or their agents) didn't violate his 1A rights!!!!!
    However, it would appear if they touched Mr. Nap they committed battery, and possibly a crime against a senior/elderly which might enhance penalties if found guilty of a crime.

    That's exactly right Marco. I have no 1st amendment rights on private property.. the owner makes the rules. I don't like being pushed though, especially when I'm in no shape to push back.

  19. #19
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,867
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    That's exactly right Marco. I have no 1st amendment rights on private property.. the owner makes the rules. I don't like being pushed though, especially when I'm in no shape to push back.
    right now the betting pool is on the olde phart...er, uh peter, ya that b the name

    btw, one presumes the savant who forgot the golden rule about firearm handling is recovering?

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  20. #20
    Regular Member Rusty Young Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Árida Zona
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Absolutely...grabbed me by the shoulder and jerked, then more hit or thumped than pushed me in the back. I turned around and suggested he not touch me again and he backed away.
    Whoa. Even without your present condition, the employee shouldn't have shoved you.

    Then again, seeing as the door person shot himself while checking a sidearm...

    By the way, hope you are well on your way to recovery.
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 10-17-2015 at 09:06 PM.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

    “Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

  21. #21
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    I just OC'd at Greentop yesterday. No issue. I've never been questioned or stopped going in there, and I go in there very often always OC. How is it you guys have such a polar opposite experience with them?

    Also, really weird story. Interested in hearing more witness testimony. Too early to call the guy a dunce?
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  22. #22
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    I just OC'd at Greentop yesterday. No issue. I've never been questioned or stopped going in there, and I go in there very often always OC. How is it you guys have such a polar opposite experience with them?

    Also, really weird story. Interested in hearing more witness testimony. Too early to call the guy a dunce?
    Never had a problem oc either. The problems have been with demanding receipts and general stupidity by their security people.
    The person that assaulted me was not security BTW.

  23. #23
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,611
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Never had a problem oc either. The problems have been with demanding receipts and general stupidity by their security people.
    The person that assaulted me was not security BTW.
    So why would said security person be handling a customer's loaded gun if the job for which he was hired entailed checking sales receipts?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  24. #24
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    See, I always check out up front no matter what I'm buying. I never even knew they checked receipts because it's never happened to me. Come to think of it I did pay for a knife at the back once. Don't remember being checked though.

    Unfortunate incident. I still don't understand how the heck it happened. That's right at the front door. My little one rode in one of those red plastic car-carts yesterday. Why was a loaded gun being handled there? I've seen deputies hanging out at the entrance plenty of times but not lately. I'm confused. This could have been a heck of a lot worse.

    I could only imagine my surprise if I were exiting at the same time.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  25. #25
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,867
    query...you showed the EMS on scene...were the police there?

    foia?

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •