• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greentop door person shoots self

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
was looking for a new priming tool when BAM from up front.
The door guard checked to see if a gun was unloaded but no one told him it was a bad idea to hold your hand over the muzzle.
A good lesson from the highly trained staff at green tops.
S2t0jzi.jpg

XP8KRn6.jpg

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
A little more I'm learning. Guard pointed at the barrel and the customer said that's not how you unload it, and reached for it. The guard jerked it away and fired at the same time. The bullet went wild somewhere.
I got tossed out physically for taking pictures.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Thumbody had a zinger on the trigger - bad place for it.

Tossed for taking pictures? They might have done better to offer to buy all copies. :cool:

Since they are checking for loaded guns, may we presume they determined that one was loaded? :p

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

Tossed for taking pictures? They might have done better to offer to buy all copies. p
Yes...it would have been better to not grab and push an elderly person.
It cost them a $2.98 sale. I went to bass pro to buy it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Yes...it would have been better to not grab and push an elderly person.
It cost them a $2.98 sale. I went to bass pro to buy it.

Whoa, back up, please. They physically, as in manually touched, contacted your person? Used force with deliberate forethought? Oh my - oh my - oh my.

What are you ordering?

va_tazdad

Tossed for taking pictures? They might have done better to offer to buy all copies. :cool:

Since they are checking for loaded guns, may we presume they determined that one was loaded? :p

They are waiting for Tmac and Fishboy to determine that. They KNOW how to make Virginia safe, just ask them.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Whoa, back up, please. They physically, as in manually touched, contacted your person? Used force with deliberate forethought? Oh my - oh my - oh my.

What are you ordering?

Absolutely...grabbed me by the shoulder and jerked, then more hit or thumped than pushed me in the back. I turned around and suggested he not touch me again and he backed away.

Last edited:

solus

i am with grape...peter ~ they laid hands on you and not in the 'heal knave' or 'heal thy self' hallelujah type church perception?

R E A L L Y???

got the letter written to the DM and Corp office yet?

ipse

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
i am with grape...peter ~ they laid hands on you and not in the 'heal knave' or 'heal thy self' hallelujah type church perception?

R E A L L Y???

got the letter written to the DM and Corp office yet?

ipse

Thought I'd talk to Dan about it. It should be on their security cameras.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
There were actually two of them that went after me. The second one didn't touch me, he just threw his hand up in front of the camera.
tzO9sDA.jpg

DeSchaine

I'm with Grape on this. Got a nice new truck picked out? Set of his and hers ATV's?

Also, am I correct in the assumption that this is the sporting goods store? Being not from VA., I don't really know what it is without google.

solus

i didn't believe it was greentop's policy to not allow holstered firearms in their establishments?

i have only visited once a while ago while on a road trip to VA.

ipse

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
i didn't believe it was greentop's policy to not allow holstered firearms in their establishments?

i have only visited once a while ago while on a road trip to VA.

ipse

Holstered is tine, everything gets checked and tagged.

HPmatt

I would call the Govnr's hotline and report this - you should be able to collect a reward for improper use of a firearm.
Use that money as retainer to sue the store for violation of your 1A right to take photos.

Marco

I would call the Govnr's hotline and report this - you should be able to collect a reward for improper use of a firearm.
Use that money as retainer to sue the store for violation of your 1A right to take photos.
emphasis mine....
:banghead: The store employee's(owner's or their agents) didn't violate his 1A rights!!!!!
However, it would appear if they touched Mr. Nap they committed battery, and possibly a crime against a senior/elderly which might enhance penalties if found guilty of a crime.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
emphasis mine....
:banghead: The store employee's(owner's or their agents) didn't violate his 1A rights!!!!!
However, it would appear if they touched Mr. Nap they committed battery, and possibly a crime against a senior/elderly which might enhance penalties if found guilty of a crime.

That's exactly right Marco. I have no 1st amendment rights on private property.. the owner makes the rules. I don't like being pushed though, especially when I'm in no shape to push back.

solus

That's exactly right Marco. I have no 1st amendment rights on private property.. the owner makes the rules. I don't like being pushed though, especially when I'm in no shape to push back.

right now the betting pool is on the olde phart...er, uh peter, ya that b the name

btw, one presumes the savant who forgot the golden rule about firearm handling is recovering?

ipse

Rusty Young Man

Absolutely...grabbed me by the shoulder and jerked, then more hit or thumped than pushed me in the back. I turned around and suggested he not touch me again and he backed away.

Whoa. Even without your present condition, the employee shouldn't have shoved you.

Then again, seeing as the door person shot himself while checking a sidearm...:uhoh:

By the way, hope you are well on your way to recovery.

Last edited: