Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cross draw vests?

Cross draw vests?

So are cross draw vests for open carry a no go?

http://www.lapolicegear.com/tactical...FROTfgodKp4EGA

I guess I don't understand the question. Why would it be a "no go"? I wouldn't wear one, but that's just me. Whatever blows your skirt up.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Seems a lot like "wanabee" to me - not that there is anything wrong with wanabee.

Might work for free publicity too - but then it is free.

Could work to promote swatting and there is money to be made in being swatted.

Nope - can't really find anything no go about it.

If your boat floats, you may paddle it.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 10-17-2015 at 03:29 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Great if you want to be tacticool.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Does not look like it would be my flavor, the reviews on it tell me that I would end up hating it.

BUT for the price, IF it worked correctly it looks great.

Down side it that it only seems to fit compact models.

I think I will spend the money on a better made shoulder rig for my full sized GLOCK.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Love this..

If your boat floats, you may paddle it.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Great if you want to be tacticool.
    Love this too...

I just remember some court ruling that said we couldn't wear camo clothes while open carrying. So I thought this might fall into that category.

I also like this rig....

https://uspalm.com/product/defender-handgun/

Quote Originally Posted by jsanchez View Post
    I just remember some court ruling that said we couldn't wear camo clothes while open carrying. So I thought this might fall into that category.

I also like this rig....

What are you talking about? Even if there were a ruling it wouldn't be legal.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

If you really want to wear something like that go ahead. I think you're going to draw more attention with that than you realize. People will notice you.
    That being said I wouldn't get that. It looks like junk. When it comes to load bearing equipment it's better to go with something MOLLE compatible. The problem with those fixed vests is one size does not fit all. You will want to be able to move your pouches and customize it to your needs.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

The vest would look ridiculous for day to day carry, and the holster is wrong. The retention strap should be over the rear of the slide- NOT where it is in the photo which would interfere with establishing a grip prior to drawing. Of course, fumbling the gun and throwing it at the foot of an attacker seems perfectly appropriate for something that looks like that.

If you're talking about for every day, then ugh. No. Those things absolutely are not worth it. Uncomfortable and a PITA to get sitting right even when you've got it fully loaded. Now, if you want to wear it for protests or rallies to make a statement, sure, why not.
    Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
    Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
    Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
    Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
    -Patrick Henry, Virginia Ratification Convention, June 5, 1788

I had a same vest that was Woodland that I used for airsofting and my 1911 kept falling out because that strap that holds the pistol in would fall off but then again, I doubt you would be running everywhere.

Not what I would wear to church, but the next time I am in Ramadi...............
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Sure that will enhance the open carry message. Sure it is legal to do but just like a man walking into a mall wearing a mini speedo with a "Get IT Here!" chest tattoo will attract all the attention he can stand and the attention will be unwelcome.

I hope you plan on standing around for long periods explaining yourself to the police every time you walk out your front door.

This will iritate some, but I took a poll of all my friends and aquaintenaces ( all are "gun nuts" and NRA members) and their first response to a exhibisionist with a gun is to call the cops or shoot first and then call the cops.

This rig is fine for the hunting camp or hiking the woods PLEASE do not show up in a Safeway dressed like Rambo- some real Rambo will be called and the scene will not be pretty.

I believe the goal of OPEN CARRY is to normalize firearms in public. If you open carry in such a manner as to rub the publics nose (who are at best ambivilent to guns) in it we will get a unwanted reaction. Remember, this is a deep blue state, not Idaho or Alaska. Unfortunatly.

I also like this rig....

No ruling that I have read. I was wearing camouflage not to make any statement but rather because the material was comfortable and durable. All while OC and I have had the police harrass me for walking like that. It was the same attire I was wearing while going to the same destinations by automobile, I just had been living with a suspended license at the time.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Great for airsoft games, too much junk, and too tactikewl for me. If you(general you) are going to buy one don't forget the CCW badge.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    Not what I would wear to church, but the next time I am in Ramadi...............
    I like your sense of humor

Quote Originally Posted by Bill45 View Post
    Sure that will enhance the open carry message. Sure it is legal to do but just like a man walking into a mall wearing a mini speedo with a "Get IT Here!" chest tattoo will attract all the attention he can stand and the attention will be unwelcome.

I hope you plan on standing around for long periods explaining yourself to the police every time you walk out your front door.

This will iritate some, but I took a poll of all my friends and aquaintenaces ( all are "gun nuts" and NRA members) and their first response to a exhibisionist with a gun is to call the cops or shoot first and then call the cops.

This rig is fine for the hunting camp or hiking the woods PLEASE do not show up in a Safeway dressed like Rambo- some real Rambo will be called and the scene will not be pretty.

I believe the goal of OPEN CARRY is to normalize firearms in public. If you open carry in such a manner as to rub the publics nose (who are at best ambivilent to guns) in it we will get a unwanted reaction. Remember, this is a deep blue state, not Idaho or Alaska. Unfortunatly.
    I agree with you 100% I was thinking of it for hiking or primarily for when I go shooting up in the mountains I like the little ridge to keep the butt of the rifle from sliding off your shoulder part of the vest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill45 View Post

I believe the goal of OPEN CARRY is to normalize firearms in public......
    Attachment 12819
    Absolutely, it is unwise to create an enemy by your own obnoxious behavior.

I agree with you 100% I was thinking of it for hiking or primarily for when I go shooting up in the mountains I like the little ridge to keep the butt of the rifle from sliding off your shoulder part of the vest.
    My my, If you had stated your intention at first post, you may have had a better reception.

ob·fus·cate
    ˈäbfəˌskāt/Submit
    verb
    render obscure, unclear, or unintelligible.
    "the spelling changes will deform some familiar words and obfuscate their etymological origins"
    synonyms: obscure, confuse, make unclear, blur, muddle, complicate, overcomplicate, muddy, cloud, befog
    "mere rationalizations to obfuscate rather than clarify the real issue"
    bewilder (someone).
    "it is more likely to obfuscate people than enlighten them"
    synonyms: bewilder, mystify, puzzle, perplex, confuse, baffle, confound, bemuse, befuddle, nonplus; informalflummox
    "her work became more and more obfuscated by mathematics and jargon"
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

I was thinking of it for hiking or primarily for when I go shooting up in the mountains I like the little ridge to keep the butt of the rifle from sliding off your shoulder part of the vest.
    Uh, do you do much hiking? That thing would be way too hot for the terrain on the hiking trails here.

Have you considered joining the military? They let you play soldier all the time, and they give you the vests, packs, and guns for free.
    Last edited by Mainsail; 10-19-2015 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainsail View Post
    Uh, do you do much hiking? That thing would be way too hot for the terrain on the hiking trails here.

Have you considered joining the military? They let you play soldier all the time, and they give you the vests, packs, and guns for free.
    naw, some if not most soldiers spend their own hard earned money to get better vests, packs as well in some cases, guns...

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 10-19-2015 at 09:29 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    naw, some if not most soldiers spend their own hard earned money to get better vests, packs as well in some cases, guns...

ipse
    Been in the military didn't like it the only thing worse than the equipment is the people fubar

So are cross draw vests for open carry a no go?

http://www.lapolicegear.com/tactical...FROTfgodKp4EGA
    Says mall-ninja all over it.
    "Shooting is rarely the best answer to a problem, but when it is, it's often the only answer."
    Three: Legends of the Dusk Walker

Been in the military didn't like it the only thing worse than the equipment is the people fubar
    !!! That's your problem, enlisted with wrong expectations.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast