• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cross draw vests?

Mainsail

I was thinking of it for hiking or primarily for when I go shooting up in the mountains I like the little ridge to keep the butt of the rifle from sliding off your shoulder part of the vest.
Uh, do you do much hiking? That thing would be way too hot for the terrain on the hiking trails here.

Have you considered joining the military? They let you play soldier all the time, and they give you the vests, packs, and guns for free. ;)

Last edited:

solus

Uh, do you do much hiking? That thing would be way too hot for the terrain on the hiking trails here.

Have you considered joining the military? They let you play soldier all the time, and they give you the vests, packs, and guns for free. ;)

naw, some if not most soldiers spend their own hard earned money to get better vests, packs as well in some cases, guns...

ipse

Last edited:

jsanchez

naw, some if not most soldiers spend their own hard earned money to get better vests, packs as well in some cases, guns...

ipse

Been in the military didn't like it the only thing worse than the equipment is the people fubar

Bernymac

My expectations were to become a US Army Ranger but I scared all the drill sergeants in my company and got kicked out.

Nah, you got kicked out for a more legitimate reason than what you tell people you did. :shocker:

Get the vest if you really want it...it's not going to be very comfortable. If you want to paddle that boat, have strong arms.

solus

My expectations were to become a US Army Ranger but I scared all the drill sergeants in my company and got kicked out.

i would stick w/that story to appease your ego as well as allowing you to save face with family and friends...and ya like bernymac says buy and wear the gear so you can continue thinking you are a wantabe....whatever.

your use of the the term 'kicked out' is quite telling and bloody scary when used in the same conscious thought that you might still have access to firearms.

ipse

nonameisgood

This doesn't appear to be a belt or shoulder holster as specified in the new law. I recommend sticking with the common definitions until things get moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jsanchez

Nah, you got kicked out for a more legitimate reason than what you tell people you did. :shocker:

Get the vest if you really want it...it's not going to be very comfortable. If you want to paddle that boat, have strong arms.

No I got kicked out because I humiliated a First Sergeant in the Ranger training battalion, long story.

Tried on one of those vests today they are really hot and they don't fit my slim build at all.

decklin

No I got kicked out because I humiliated a First Sergeant in the Ranger training battalion, long story.

Tried on one of those vests today they are really hot and they don't fit my slim build at all.

Enough. Everybody with a Combat Arms background knows what really happened. We've seen it time and again. This is not a place for nonsense.

solus

hummmm, the silence from the peanut gallery is quite deafening isn't it...

ipse

Nang pa

Could you expand upon this please?:confused:
The new law specifies that you can only OC with a hip or shoulder holster. OC with a chest holster is illegal. OC with a thigh holster is illegal. OC with an ankle holster is illegal.

Last edited:

Nang pa

Yea that's not how it works. You claim law and you want me to google something that doesn't exist? You made a claim, now you cite the RCW.
I don't live in TX. My state doesn't care what kind of holster you use. It's your gun, your trial, look up what you want. Makes no difference to me. I'm going to bed now. Good day :)