Thread: 5 Months of Record Breaking Background Checks

5 Months of Record Breaking Background Checks

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...ntcmp=obinsite

Holy crap. The number just goes up and up and up.

Total number of background checks for the year so far is 15,607,587
    The number of background checks does not reflect the number of guns actually sold.
    over 15.5 MILLION possible new owners in the US this year. And the antis say the people want MORE gun control? Stuff, nonsense and lies I say! And there is the proof.
    Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
    Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
    Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
    Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
    -Patrick Henry, Virginia Ratification Convention, June 5, 1788

Glad people are supporting the 2nd amendment.

Sickened that the govt is allowed to track our purchases
    Last edited by travr6; 10-17-2015 at 07:49 PM.

Pity we can't tell how many are/were first-time purchases vs those adding to their collection.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This is a good opportunity to convince your wife to finish out the armory - buy a new gun every month with all these rumors of potentially bad things happening...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by b0neZ View Post
    Pity we can't tell how many are/were first-time purchases vs those adding to their collection.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Not a pity. If we know then that would mean that the gov knows, which then goes down the whole list/registration bit. So while I would be curious, I would rather not have my curiosity satisfied given the implications if it were.

Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    Not a pity. If we know then that would mean that the gov knows, which then goes down the whole list/registration bit. So while I would be curious, I would rather not have my curiosity satisfied given the implications if it were.

aknazer, please hold on to your belief of the easter bunny, tooth fairy, boogey man, as well as your other belief systems. especially if you truly, deep in your heart don't for one iota believe the stats are not there broken down into new sales, etc.

personally, my belief is there is no recorded, except at the FFL level, of owner to SN kept. i could give a hoot about someone tracking stats saying out of 4 trillion whatsoevers, 3.8 trillion were new and where the up tick purchases were made

and i so miss the bunny...sniff

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    aknazer, please hold on to your belief of the easter bunny, tooth fairy, boogey man, as well as your other belief systems. especially if you truly, deep in your heart don't for one iota believe the stats are not there broken down into new sales, etc.

personally, my belief is there is no recorded, except at the FFL level, of owner to SN kept. i could give a hoot about someone tracking stats saying out of 4 trillion whatsoevers, 3.8 trillion were new and where the up tick purchases were made

and i so miss the bunny...sniff

ipse
    Nice ad homiem attack there. And no I don't believe it's broken down like that. After all, how could they truly track if someone was a first-time buyer? I know I've never had to answer such a question when I've bought guns through an FFL. Likewise if what you were saying was true then it would mean that there's a legit list of those that have actually purchased guns (as opposed to simply those that had a NICS check performed on them). Sure they wouldn't be able to tell if one sold the gun or what gun they bought, but you're effectively saying that there's a compiled list of everyone who has purchased a gun and if it was their first time buying a gun or not, and no I don't believe there's such a list out there.

EDIT: Or maybe you just failed to understand what I was responding to. The person I quoted specifically said "first-time purchases vs those adding to their collection." While he said "purchases" when you read the rest of his sentence it's obvious that he was talking about a first-time buyer vs someone who already has guns and is just buying more. We already know that there's a list of new gun sales out there. For that all you have to do is look at how many guns the gun companies sold. But that wasn't what the person was talking about (and thus wasn't what I was talking about either).
    Last edited by Aknazer; 10-22-2015 at 01:04 AM.