• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

5 Months of Record Breaking Background Checks

DeSchaine

travr6

Glad people are supporting the 2nd amendment.

Sickened that the govt is allowed to track our purchases

Last edited:

b0neZ

Pity we can't tell how many are/were first-time purchases vs those adding to their collection.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

HPmatt

This is a good opportunity to convince your wife to finish out the armory - buy a new gun every month with all these rumors of potentially bad things happening...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aknazer

Pity we can't tell how many are/were first-time purchases vs those adding to their collection.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Not a pity. If we know then that would mean that the gov knows, which then goes down the whole list/registration bit. So while I would be curious, I would rather not have my curiosity satisfied given the implications if it were.

solus

Not a pity. If we know then that would mean that the gov knows, which then goes down the whole list/registration bit. So while I would be curious, I would rather not have my curiosity satisfied given the implications if it were.

aknazer, please hold on to your belief of the easter bunny, tooth fairy, boogey man, as well as your other belief systems. especially if you truly, deep in your heart don't for one iota believe the stats are not there broken down into new sales, etc.

personally, my belief is there is no recorded, except at the FFL level, of owner to SN kept. i could give a hoot about someone tracking stats saying out of 4 trillion whatsoevers, 3.8 trillion were new and where the up tick purchases were made

and i so miss the bunny...sniff

ipse

Aknazer

aknazer, please hold on to your belief of the easter bunny, tooth fairy, boogey man, as well as your other belief systems. especially if you truly, deep in your heart don't for one iota believe the stats are not there broken down into new sales, etc.

personally, my belief is there is no recorded, except at the FFL level, of owner to SN kept. i could give a hoot about someone tracking stats saying out of 4 trillion whatsoevers, 3.8 trillion were new and where the up tick purchases were made

and i so miss the bunny...sniff

ipse

Nice ad homiem attack there. And no I don't believe it's broken down like that. After all, how could they truly track if someone was a first-time buyer? I know I've never had to answer such a question when I've bought guns through an FFL. Likewise if what you were saying was true then it would mean that there's a legit list of those that have actually purchased guns (as opposed to simply those that had a NICS check performed on them). Sure they wouldn't be able to tell if one sold the gun or what gun they bought, but you're effectively saying that there's a compiled list of everyone who has purchased a gun and if it was their first time buying a gun or not, and no I don't believe there's such a list out there.

EDIT: Or maybe you just failed to understand what I was responding to. The person I quoted specifically said "first-time purchases vs those adding to their collection." While he said "purchases" when you read the rest of his sentence it's obvious that he was talking about a first-time buyer vs someone who already has guns and is just buying more. We already know that there's a list of new gun sales out there. For that all you have to do is look at how many guns the gun companies sold. But that wasn't what the person was talking about (and thus wasn't what I was talking about either).

Last edited: