• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police: Pastor shoots, kills attacker in church

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The pastor may not have been innocent of instigation. He is alleged to have been porking the shooter's ol' lady.

Confused? The pastor was the shooter.

.....been [strike]porking[/strike] giving spiritual instruction to the [strike]shooter's[/strike] other's ol' lady. :uhoh:

taxman

Banned
When I first read it, I wondered if deadly force was absolutely necessary at the time the trigger was pulled.

DeSchaine

solus

some nonsense about throwing bricks and glass houses comes to mind...

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
A citizen should not live in a glass house - makes everything visible to others. :eek:

Last edited:

OC for ME

Citizen's defensive shooting: Arrest now, investigate later.
LEO's defensive shooting: Investigate for six months, then arrest if unavoidable.
Technically it is a "The officer was justified...but, we'll go ahead and investigate anyway. Why, cuz it is a little box on the report that needs to be checked, a administrative exercise, nothing more."

taxman

Banned
Bricklayer's cousin says Pastor was Bricklayer's mentor?

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...t-preacher-lays-low-brick-wielding-assailant/

The rumors kind of remind me of the Pastor in "M*A*S*H Goes to Maine", whom a parishioner found 'marriage counseling' his wife and ended the counseling session by sticking a miniature flagpole in his chest. The minister and his wife did so much 'marriage counseling' around the town that they were responsible for about half the gonorrhea cases in the area.

alphamale

You are 100% correct and there is enough evidence to think the Pastor set the guy up for this confrontation prior to it happening, this is why he was arrested.

The pastor may not have been innocent of instigation. He is alleged to have been porking the shooter's ol' lady.

alphamale

Mentor someone so you can do his wife and church member a very creepy Pastor at best.

Bricklayer's cousin says Pastor was Bricklayer's mentor?

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...t-preacher-lays-low-brick-wielding-assailant/

The rumors kind of remind me of the Pastor in "M*A*S*H Goes to Maine", whom a parishioner found 'marriage counseling' his wife and ended the counseling session by sticking a miniature flagpole in his chest. The minister and his wife did so much 'marriage counseling' around the town that they were responsible for about half the gonorrhea cases in the area.