• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Will you continue to Open Carry on Halloween?

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I put on a bit more than the usual "hand out candy" on Halloween. It is quite an vent and we get a great deal of people stopping by on the Holiday. I get people driving by with kids to see progress in the yard. I am always armed. Not one person mentions it or is surprised by it.

I will wear a pistol on Halloween and several others here, will be visibly armed. Will you continue to Open Carry or "hide it from the kids"?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I put up the little plastic side table that holds the BIG stainless steel mixing bowl which I fill with the same Hershey's chocolate bar I have been using for the last 10+ years. I bring out my patio chair and sit there cleaning my shotgun.

When I first started doing that the cops would come and talk to me. Then they would only roll by and shine their spotlight on me. The last couple of years they wave as they go by. I am waiting for them to stop and see if they can get some candy.

Parents used to grab their kiddies' hands, move to the other side of the street, and try to hustle them past as fast as they could. In recent years they just give me the fish eye as they race-walk past.

Older kids would get about half way down the drive before they heard me ask "Aren't you a little old for this?" I've been asked if it was real, if it was loaded, but never if I would really shoot them.

Yes, the crazy fat white guy with the guns in the corner house has the scariest yard in the neighborhood. (And also the cleanest shotgun.:lol:)

stay safe.

OC Freedom

I put up the little plastic side table that holds the BIG stainless steel mixing bowl which I fill with the same Hershey's chocolate bar I have been using for the last 10+ years. I bring out my patio chair and sit there cleaning my shotgun.

When I first started doing that the cops would come and talk to me. Then they would only roll by and shine their spotlight on me. The last couple of years they wave as they go by. I am waiting for them to stop and see if they can get some candy.

Parents used to grab their kiddies' hands, move to the other side of the street, and try to hustle them past as fast as they could. In recent years they just give me the fish eye as they race-walk past.

Older kids would get about half way down the drive before they heard me ask "Aren't you a little old for this?" I've been asked if it was real, if it was loaded, but never if I would really shoot them.

Yes, the crazy fat white guy with the guns in the corner house has the scariest yard in the neighborhood. (And also the cleanest shotgun.:lol:)

stay safe.

Awesome:D

kinggabby

Not going to participate on halloweenie night. But If I did I would open carry. Kids need exposure.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I put up the little plastic side table that holds the BIG stainless steel mixing bowl which I fill with the same Hershey's chocolate bar I have been using for the last 10+ years. I bring out my patio chair and sit there cleaning my shotgun......
Egads!!!!! 10+ year old Hershey bars!!!!! Gag me with a spoon!!!!

[video=youtube;eWng8xKd01c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWng8xKd01c[/video]

EMNofSeattle

I put on a bit more than the usual "hand out candy" on Halloween. It is quite an vent and we get a great deal of people stopping by on the Holiday. I get people driving by with kids to see progress in the yard. I am always armed. Not one person mentions it or is surprised by it.

I will wear a pistol on Halloween and several others here, will be visibly armed. Will you continue to Open Carry or "hide it from the kids"?

Why not? IMO Halloween is the best day of the year to OC if you can work it with your costume just because hoplophobes who would normally be terrified will assume your OC is a prop of some sort.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
if you can work it with your costume just because hoplophobes who would normally be terrified will assume your OC is a prop of some sort.

Those who stop by to look see that I am always armed, so it will not be a surprise. I usually wear a tuxedo and this years firearm will be a Nagant in a crossdraw holster.

MontanaResident

Of the >400 acre canyon I live in, where maybe 20 people, 15 homes, the youngest person is 31. I doubt that kid is going to be out trick-or-treating, so I'm not even buying candy.

mnrobitaille

I would love to open carry on Halloween, however I am going to be in a locality on Halloween that is very unfriendly to those who OC (Portland, OR).

fire suppressor

I do not celebrate Halloween however if I did I could not think of why I wouldn't open carry. With all the the fake guns running around that day I doubt very many would even notice. Most don't even notice when I open carry on a normal day. People and kids need more exposure to firearms and open carry. Halloween is a great night to meet new people and have a discussion. I was born and raised around guns. Dad gave me my first 410 when I was 6. For me, I can't imagine not open carrying just because of a holiday or because of the amount of kids around. If anything I think it is all the more important to carry and open carry on holidays

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk