• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry and campus carry bills sailing though the Florida Senate

HPmatt

That sounds like progress. How long does the Legislature have to get it passed? Rick Scott in favor of it?

The whiny Univ of Texas at Austin profs won't be able to move to FL now either [emoji45]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

notalawyer

That sounds like progress. How long does the Legislature have to get it passed? Rick Scott in favor of it?

The whiny Univ of Texas at Austin profs won't be able to move to FL now either [emoji45]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two more committee hearings each, in both Senate and House. Regular session (first opportunity for bills to go to floor for discussion/voting/amending/etc.) is Jan 15th and runs through March 15th.

Scott had said he would sign open carry. Even with the open carry bill bill having more than just open carry, he is likely to sign it if it passes - in it's current state. Same with campus carry.

notalawyer

Campus Carry Bill Sails Through House Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee With A 10-3 Vote.

HB 4001, sponsored by Rep. Greg Steube, R-Sarasota, would allow anyone 21 and older with a Florida concealed carry permit to bring their weapons onto public college and university campuses.

http://spacecoastdaily.com/2015/11/campus-carry-bill-sails-through-house-subcommittee-with-a-vote-10-3/

This statement is not accurate. Anyone with a CWFL may carry under this bill. We have a special provision in law that lowers the minimum age to 18 for military members.

But then again, I never expect the media to publish accurate information.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This statement is not accurate. Anyone with a CWFL may carry under this bill. We have a special provision in law that lowers the minimum age to 18 for military members.

But then again, I never expect the media to publish accurate information.
Nevertheless, the take away is that the bill is progressing.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
anyone 21 and older

"anyone 21 and older" does not exclude 18 year olds in the military. It does not say "only 21 and older" It's not an exclusionary statement. It simply didn't include the proper totality.

This nit has been picked. Carry on.

Last edited: