Thread: Gallup; Quarter of voters say candidates must share their views on guns.

Gallup; Quarter of voters say candidates must share their views on guns.

Story Highlights
    • The issue is now more salient than in the year after Columbine
    • Conservatives more likely than others to say issue matters to vote
    • Americans slightly favor GOP as reflecting their views on gun control

http://www.gallup.com/poll/186248/qu...campaign=tiles
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Interesting. Thanks for the share. I know I have been reading some stories lately that suggest the American public as a whole is becoming more accepting of firearms in general. More people need to take an interest in their own security.

Or, the citizenry is beginning to realize that the cops will most likely not be there to protect them and theirs.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by omahaoutdoors View Post
    Interesting. Thanks for the share. I know I have been reading some stories lately that suggest the American public as a whole is becoming more accepting of firearms in general. More people need to take an interest in their own security.
    not sure it is becoming more accepting but are reading between the lines of their reality and seeing what they perceived as citizen's protectors and such truly are not!

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

This Gallup poll seems to indicate that Americans are in favor of stricter gun acquisition laws.
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/186236/am...campaign=tiles

Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    This Gallup poll seems to indicate that Americans are in favor of stricter gun acquisition laws.
    Same survey, different analysts' opinions. You can find anything you want at Alice's Restaurant, 'ceptin' the truth in teh interwebz.

Overall in the U.S., 43% say they have a gun somewhere in their household, and 28% say they personally own a gun.

43% say there is a gun somewhere in their house, only 28% say they personally own that gun that is somewhere in their house...oh-kay.

random sample is only as good as the desire to be random. Back in my neck of the woods I will safely state that ~90% of folks do not desire stricter gun sales laws. but, Gallup did not call them, being in the woods and all. Calling the big city and the burbs...that surround a big city...hmm, not country folk to be sure.

God bless us bitter clingers!
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post

43% say there is a gun somewhere in their house, only 28% say they personally own that gun that is somewhere in their house...oh-kay.

random sample is only as good as the desire to be random. Back in my neck of the woods I will safely state that ~90% of folks do not desire stricter gun sales laws. but, Gallup did not call them, being in the woods and all. Calling the big city and the burbs...that surround a big city...hmm, not country folk to be sure.

would take too many tele-robots and linguists to call the country folk to understand their short and country colloquial speech patterns...

John-Boy: Grandpa, do we got something to show we own Walton's Mountain?
    Grandpa: You can't own a mountain any more than you can own an ocean or a piece of the sky. You hold it in trust. You live on it, you take life from it, and once you're dead, you rest in it.

or

Grandpa: This is fought-for land.
    John-Boy: Battles right here?
    Grandpa: More than one: flood, fire, freezing weather, diptheria, scarlet fever, whooping cough, loneliness, hard times.
    John-Boy: I thought you meant wars.
    Grandpa: Them too.

nite john-boy...
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Majority of Americans say marijuana should be made legal in U.S. Wonder who?

http://www.gallup.com/poll/186260/ba...campaign=tiles

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ld-be-made-le/

Well my wife might say that there's a gun in the house, but not that she owns it. The same could be true if someone has roommates, adult kids, etc in their house.

A majority of Americans, 56%, believe that if more Americans carried concealed weapons after passing a criminal background check and training course, the country would be safer.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/186263/ma...campaign=tiles
    Interesting.