Thread: Fugitives armed with 'AK-47'

Fugitives armed with 'AK-47'

SKS, actually. They banned them, though?

VIOLENT father-and-son drifters Gino and Mark Stocco who are armed with a high-powered rifle have been linked to a stolen Toyota Landcruiser as it emerged police came within 100m of the fugitives.

Wagga police crime manager Detective-Inspector Darren Cloake told The Daily Telegraph the men were armed with a high-powered SKS rifle, which is a Chinese version of an AK-47.

On Friday evening, police came within 100m of the father-and-son who had secured a fence with a chain and lock and cut through other fences anticipating a showdown with police.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law...875fa5e8341bcf
    Farmers have told the Daily Telegraph they are sleeping with their firearms in fear of the men returning to their properties.
    Surprised they haven't been arrested for expressing a desire to defend themselves.

Founder's Club Member
    Since when is an assault rifle a high-powered rifle?

The whole design concept is to include a medium power cartridge, between a pistol cartridge and battle rifle cartridge.

Roll back to 1898 with the Mauser battle rifle and the later Springfield .30-06. Battle rifle cartridges require a full-scale machine gun to handle the pressure, recoil, and so forth. Think tripod, and two or three-man crew.

On the other hand, you have sub-machine guns, which fire pistol cartridges.

The Nazi's realized it would be handy to have a weapon that fired full-auto, but had more power/punch and range than a pistol-caliber submachine gun. So, they invented the first assault rifle, the Sturmgehwer. They reduced the cartridge size from battle rifle size to reduce the power. Medium power cartridge.

Certainly not high-powered rifles.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    In the USA, the term "assault rifle" generally has little to nothing to do with the cartrige or power as it applies to non-military ownership. It is primarily about the appearance, optional features and a scare tactic employed by the antis for what is arguably the most popular style rifle/carbine ever for hunting and sport.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    In the USA, the term "assault rifle" generally has little to nothing to do with the cartrige or power as it applies to non-military ownership. It is primarily about the appearance, optional features and a scare tactic employed by the antis for what is arguably the most popular style rifle/carbine ever for hunting and sport.

+1 it has all to do with demonizing guns.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Our media constantly refers to firearms as "high-powered". Driving to work last night, I was listening to the radio and there was something on about a guy being shot in a drive-by. They reiterated that the pistol used was "obviously very high-powered" about three times, all in the space of a thirty second or so report. Surprised they didn't say it was an Uzi...