Thread: need advice please resaurants. columbus

need advice please resaurants. columbus

the wife and i are celebrating our 1 year wedding anniversary and i was windering if anyone knew of restaurants in columbus are that are known to be open carry friendly? looking for steakhouse type places especially. thanks in advance !

From everything I've read, unless you have a CCW permit, you can't open carry in an establishment where alcohol is served for consumption on premises. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bryan_roberts View Post
    From everything I've read, unless you have a CCW permit, you can't open carry in an establishment where alcohol is served for consumption on premises. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    You have that right. No carry in a liquor establishment (premises consumption type place) without a CHL, either from Ohio or a state we have reciprocity with.

The original poster has an Ohio concealed carry license, according to a couple other threads he's on. So he would be good to go in a liquor establishment, open or concealed. But as to his question, I don't have an answer about the Columbus area with regards to an OC-friendly restaurant. Little out of my regular orbit of travel.

Longhorn Steakhouse

I like going to Longhorn Steakhouse, now I have not been to any in the Columbus area.

I have spoken with John Espy, the VP of Customer Service for the Longhorn division of Darden Inc., he stated that Longhorns follow state laws.

I had to make contact with him when I was asked to leave the Longhorn on Miller Lane in Dayton.

They were trying to use the Ohio Liquor sign to make me leave my sidearm in the car.

He said his office is in the Columbus area, so I will have to assume that they would follow state laws there also

If you go... get the N.Y. Strip or the Prime Rib... <G>

Any bring me back some... LOL

yes i do have a CHL. i rnded up concealing just causr i had concealed at a couple other places i thought it was best and didnt feel like re tucking my shiry but ended up going to teds mintana grill..the bison ribeye was excellent!!!

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Remember, we are talking about Class D liquor permits. Which also encompasses grocery stores that has wine tasting.

Also a Class F permit used at festivals does not require a CCL. Open carry is permitted.
    Last edited by color of law; 10-23-2015 at 03:57 PM.