Thread: Sword Attack at School in Sweden

Sword Attack at School in Sweden

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34602621

Huh. A mass casualty attack in a European school with a non firearm weapon.

Dear Anti's,

ALL of your arguments are now null and void, even if you don't believe them to be.

Regards,

Law Abiding Citizens
    Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
    Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
    Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
    Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
    -Patrick Henry, Virginia Ratification Convention, June 5, 1788

Last edited by Nightmare; 10-22-2015 at 06:44 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Actually the anti's point is made. No gun, no large number of deaths.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Actually the anti's point is made. No gun, no large number of deaths.
    Is not that same point also made in any single individual homicide using a single shot/not an assault-clip? No extended-clip, no large number of deaths?

The point that I would make is; Bad guys will abuse whatever tool is at hand to achieve their nefarious ends.

(nefarious: Sinful, villainous, criminal, or wicked, especially when noteworthy or notorious for such characteristics)

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Is not that same point also made in any single individual homicide using a single shot/not an assault-clip? No extended-clip, no large number of deaths?

The point that I would make is; Bad guys will abuse whatever tool is at hand to achieve their nefarious ends.

(nefarious: Sinful, villainous, criminal, or wicked, especially when noteworthy or notorious for such characteristics)
    Of course it is. The point that must be made is that government must not be used to punish law abiding citizens engaging in peaceful behaviors...OCing. But, government is in the business of abusing citizens of their rights...a stream of revenue.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Sword-wielding killer wearing Darth Vader mask poses with pupils who thought ...

The attacker, who was also admitted to the Norra Alvsborgs Lanssjukhus, had gun wounds to the lower part of his chest, and later died from his wounds.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...pect-shot.html

They just need more anti-gun laws to fix their violence problem. /sarcasm

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    They just need more anti-gun laws to fix their violence problem. /sarcasm

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    If the story made it into the mainstream media, this would probably be the liberal response... They like pointing out that guns were made for killing so they are inherently violent tools. But somehow that doesn't apply to swords, knives, or bows.

Some kind of sword control laws would certainly cut down on all the drive-by swordings happening these days. Or the toddlers finding their parents swords and killing themselves or others.

Did someone forget to include swords on the sign?
    Last edited by MAC702; 10-22-2015 at 07:27 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Anti's point is that a few deaths are acceptable, as long as they are not from a firearm. The fact that a firearm is an efficient stopper of any crime, keeping casualties low goes against their grain.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Racist motive behind school attack, police say. Most at Kronan School foreign born.

Police labeled the stabbing in the industrial town of Trollhattan a hate crime based on discoveries they made when searching the man’s home, the way he dressed, his behavior at the scene and the way he selected his victims.

“All together, this gives a picture that the perpetrator had a racist motive when he committed the crimes at Kronan school,” police said in a statement.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ttack-police-/