• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sword Attack at School in Sweden

OC for ME

Is not that same point also made in any single individual homicide using a single shot/not an assault-clip? No extended-clip, no large number of deaths?

The point that I would make is; Bad guys will abuse whatever tool is at hand to achieve their nefarious ends.

(nefarious: Sinful, villainous, criminal, or wicked, especially when noteworthy or notorious for such characteristics)
Of course it is. The point that must be made is that government must not be used to punish law abiding citizens engaging in peaceful behaviors...OCing. But, government is in the business of abusing citizens of their rights...a stream of revenue.

omahaoutdoors

They just need more anti-gun laws to fix their violence problem. /sarcasm

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

If the story made it into the mainstream media, this would probably be the liberal response... They like pointing out that guns were made for killing so they are inherently violent tools. But somehow that doesn't apply to swords, knives, or bows.

beebobby

Some kind of sword control laws would certainly cut down on all the drive-by swordings happening these days. Or the toddlers finding their parents swords and killing themselves or others.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Did someone forget to include swords on the sign?

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Anti's point is that a few deaths are acceptable, as long as they are not from a firearm. The fact that a firearm is an efficient stopper of any crime, keeping casualties low goes against their grain.