Thread: Preaching to the Choir. Hallelujah bretheren and sisteren!

Preaching to the Choir. Hallelujah bretheren and sisteren!

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...-carry-laws-do

Some have a hard time accepting that criminals can be deterred from committing crimes. They donít believe that potential mass shooters have second thoughts when faced with the prospect of armed citizens who can fight back. They seem to think that everyday Americans canít help stop attacks. But it is getting hard to ignore that mass public shooters keep choosing to attack locations where victims canít defend themselves. Itís little wonder that gun-control advocates resort to desperate tactics. There have been a series of articles from Politico, the Huffington Post, Slate, and the New York Daily News with similar titles meant to cast doubt on defensive gun use, such as ďthe myth of the good guy with the gun.Ē Since at least 1950, all but two public mass shootings in America have taken place where general citizens are banned from carrying guns. In Europe, there have been no exceptions. Every mass public shooting ó and there have been plenty of mass shooting in Europe ó has occurred in a gun-free zone. In addition, they have had three of the six worst KĖ12 school shootings, and Europe experienced by far the worst mass public shooting perpetrated by a single individual (Norway in 2011, which from the shooting alone left 67 people dead and 110 wounded).
    So why am I preaching to the choir? Because this gets blocked by the antis - I think they have my name and number on some sort of secret Do Not Post list.

Read it. Forward it. Rub the antis noses in it.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Thanks. Powerful article. Shared.

Crime Prevention Research Center

John Lott's Crime Prevention Research Center at http://crimeresearch.org/ is a reliable source for his news, views and opinions.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Thank you for sharing. This is definitely a great article. Somehow, I'm guessing anti-gunners will still dismiss it. They don't seem to care much about reality.

John Lott is one of the biggest threats to the anti's. He's intelligent and articulate. So of course they're going to either try to marginalize him or ignore him totally.
    Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
    Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
    Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
    Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
    -Patrick Henry, Virginia Ratification Convention, June 5, 1788

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Really solid stuff there.

John Lott is a strong and effective advocate.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.Ē Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Really solid stuff there. John Lott is a strong and effective advocate.
    http://crimeresearch.org/donate/
    The Crime Prevention Research Center is a 501(C)(3) tax exempt, educational organization. The easiest way to contribute is to hit the PayPal link shown below.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.