Thread: Carrying of sidearm on the I-84/I-5 Corridor

Carrying of sidearm on the I-84/I-5 Corridor

Am gonna be traveling to Multinomah County/Portland Metroplex next week to attend the ARBA National Convention being held at the Portland Expo Center. From my reading/understanding, a person can lawfully OC a loaded sidearm in Oregon without the need of having a CHL. However Multinomah County/Portland Metroplex seem to have regulations on the books that basically the only ones allowed to carry must have the Oregon CHL or be LEO. Being that I've driving to/from Portland, any suggestions/ideas?

LOL Just display your Band o' Tan American Rabbit Breeders Association sticker and the cops will give a brother a pass.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mnrobitaille View Post
    Am gonna be traveling to Multinomah County/Portland Metroplex next week to attend the ARBA National Convention being held at the Portland Expo Center. From my reading/understanding, a person can lawfully OC a loaded sidearm in Oregon without the need of having a CHL. However Multinomah County/Portland Metroplex seem to have regulations on the books that basically the only ones allowed to carry must have the Oregon CHL or be LEO. Being that I've driving to/from Portland, any suggestions/ideas?
    Unload the pistol; unload all magazines; lock the pistol in your trunk. See ORS 166.250 for more detailed information.
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop.

Update about securing of firearm at hotel

I decided to call the hotel that we'll be staying at & as the management staff was in a meeting, left a voicemail asking about their policy for storing of firearms. Received a call back from the Assistant General Manager, who verified with the General Manager, that I will have no issues securing my firearm in our room during our stay. I explained to him that I read & understood the rules that the City of Portland has placed concerning carrying of firearms & that my plan for bringing the firearm on premises was within regulations.

As a courtesy I gave him my name & when I was checking in so he could let the front desk staff know about me coming in with the firearm, so they would not be alarmed by it.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJohn View Post
    Unload the pistol; unload all magazines; lock the pistol in your trunk. See ORS 166.250 for more detailed information.
    Don't you mean I should read 14A.60.010 Possession of a Loaded Firearm in a Public Place?

I do not see anything which prohibits the carrying of an unloaded sidearm in Portland, & as to the unloading of the magazines, as per Oregon Revised Statutes as long as the loaded magazine is not inserted into firearm, the firearm is unloaded.

The discussion about loaded magazines was already done at: Oregon - go to jail for a loaded clip/magazine ?!?