Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American Gun Confiscation

American Gun Confiscation

This article goes into some detail on Hillary's 'off the cuff' remark about looking into Australia's gun crackdown on LACs.
    I thought the part talking about efforts to FUBAR the military and police, as part of the ability to weaken the will was interesting.

To go a little further, but not completely whole Reynolds Wrap... how would pro-2A citizens be able to effectively support their Constitutional rights if there was a Federal attempt to register/confiscate guns? Other than State and Local elected officials, w/o assistance of those with military tactics training, such as say Oathkeepers, it would be difficult to develop coordinated tactics and strategies to defeat attempts of the Federal beast to enslave US citizens.

http://www.americanthinker.com/artic...fiscation.html
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Would YOU want to live in that reality/world/nation, a disarmed subject-serf? Would you rather wait on your knees or standing with a gun in one fist and the Bible in the other. God Bless US Bitter Clingers.

μολὼν λαβέ applies to much more than merely arms. As hackneyed as it is, from my cold dead hands says it well.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 10-23-2015 at 12:29 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post

... how would pro-2A citizens be able to effectively support their Constitutional rights if there was a Federal attempt to register/confiscate guns? Other than State and Local elected officials, w/o assistance of those with military tactics training, such as say Oathkeepers, it would be difficult to develop coordinated tactics and strategies to defeat attempts of the Federal beast to enslave US citizens.

Partisans/resistance fighters historically have started out as lone martyrs. Oathkeepers, IMHO, are not going to be partisans/resistance fighters - at least not until there are a whole bunch of those sorts that the .gov Orcs are already becoming afraid of.

Historically it has been bandied about that it was between 3% and 5% of the population that fought after all-out warfare against King and crown was declared. Less than 0.5% of the population remaining in the Warsaw and Lodz ghettos rose up in arms - probably because that was the most they could supply with a weapon (not just a firearm but homemade grenades, Molotov cocktails, etc.)

While suicide bombing is not part of the American culture you might see some carried out. Also waves of women and children as human shields for armed fighters. It is not going to be Red Dawn (v.1 or v.2). Go read up on the Philippine Insurrection and the later part of the Philippine resistance to Japanese occupation.

You asked a rhetorical question, you got a hypothetical, theoretical answer.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf8trl69kzo

Chris Montgomery, deployed US Military member on American soil says "You don't want to think about the stuff you're going to have to do, when someone pops around a corner."

Reporter: "You mean shoot an American."

Chris Montgomery, deployed US Military member on American soil replies "Yes."

"Fighting for our freedom," isn't that tired line most Vets start and end their arguments with?
    Last edited by Dave_pro2a; 10-23-2015 at 03:18 PM.
    "I'm just a no-account screed-peddler" Dave Workman http://goo.gl/CNf6pB

"We ought to extend the [1994] assault weapons ban" George W Bush

"The Bush Administration declared a permanent ban today on almost all foreign-made semiautomatic assault rifles." George Bush Sr, New York Times on July 8, 1989

"I support the Brady bill and I urge the Congress to enact it without delay." Ronald Regan.

"Guns are an abomination." Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    partisans/resistance fighters historically have started out as lone martyrs. Oathkeepers, imho, are not going to be partisans/resistance fighters - at least not until there are a whole bunch of those sorts that the .gov orcs are already becoming afraid of.

Historically it has been bandied about that it was between 3% and 5% of the population that fought after all-out warfare against king and crown was declared. Less than 0.5% of the population remaining in the warsaw and lodz ghettos rose up in arms - probably because that was the most they could supply with a weapon (not just a firearm but homemade grenades, molotov cocktails, etc.)

while suicide bombing is not part of the american culture you might see some carried out. Also waves of women and children as human shields for armed fighters. It is not going to be red dawn (v.1 or v.2). Go read up on the philippine insurrection and the later part of the philippine resistance to japanese occupation.

You asked a rhetorical question, you got a hypothetical, theoretical answer.

Stay safe.

i

r

a
    Last edited by Dave_pro2a; 10-23-2015 at 03:19 PM.

"The Bush Administration declared a permanent ban today on almost all foreign-made semiautomatic assault rifles." George Bush Sr, New York Times on July 8, 1989

"I support the Brady bill and I urge the Congress to enact it without delay." Ronald Regan.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Politics are local. If there are no local politicians supporting confiscation then confiscation will be difficult to enforce. And in my many years of living I know when it comes to push or shove local politicians know which side the bread is buttered on.

The east and west coast politicians also know how strong the gun toting and bible clinching mid-west and southerners really are. We do believe the "behind every blade of grass" concept will serve us well.

There is also the possibility of non violent, yet effective tactics. Truckers shutting down the highways could shut the whole system down. Dig up fiber optics, and the whole communication system is shut down. This happened a few weeks back in NC, shut down all the sheriff's depts computers. No cell phone communications, no internet for over 24 hours. Merging civilian, and government service lines is a huge tactical error that will be taken advantage of.

In keeping with the rules of the site I do not suggest such activities, but if war is declared on the people then we can expect that some will use government stupidity against the government.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    There is also the possibility of non violent, yet effective tactics. Truckers shutting down the highways could shut the whole system down. Dig up fiber optics, and the whole communication system is shut down. This happened a few weeks back in NC, shut down all the sheriff's depts computers. No cell phone communications, no internet for over 24 hours. Merging civilian, and government service lines is a huge tactical error that will be taken advantage of.

In keeping with the rules of the site I do not suggest such activities, but if war is declared on the people then we can expect that some will use government stupidity against the government.
    i also wonder WW since it only hit those entities EMS/LE areas if it wasn't someone seeing the reaction...hypothetically postulating now...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    i also wonder WW since it only hit those entities EMS/LE areas if it wasn't someone seeing the reaction...hypothetically postulating now...

ipse
    IIRC it was a utility company that accidentally severed the fiber optic line near Charlotte. ONE line brought the whole state down, and some areas outside the state.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Seriously? The whole state? Thats hilarious.
    Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
    Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
    Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
    Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
    -Patrick Henry, Virginia Ratification Convention, June 5, 1788

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    IIRC it was a utility company that accidentally severed the fiber optic line near Charlotte. ONE line brought the whole state down, and some areas outside the state.
    actually, it affected those citizens, anywhere in the US, who had a 919 verizon prefix...

interesting there was no redundancy built into their system...

just saying...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    actually, it affected those citizens, anywhere in the US, who had a 919 verizon prefix...

interesting there was no redundancy built into their system...

just saying...

ipse
    Just hope no one sets off a thermate device over a bundle of those communication cables.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Better than "From My Cold Dead Hands"

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Would YOU want to live in that reality/world/nation, a disarmed subject-serf? Would you rather wait on your knees or standing with a gun in one fist and the Bible in the other. God Bless US Bitter Clingers.

μολὼν λαβέ applies to much more than merely arms. As hackneyed as it is, from my cold dead hands says it well.
    As Oleg Volk says: "Don't fight to be a martyr. Use modern weapons and fight to win." See my post later in this thread, I have information that might forestall the fight, and if not (I doubt it) gives us very strong reasons to kick ass and take names and know that we are fully justified in doing so.

GunOwners Are Being Suckered

• Compelled background checks as a precondition to allowing (or denying) the purchase of a firearm have never prevented a crime in the history of the planet and were never intended to.
    • Background checks compelled as a precondition to the exercise of a right violate the fundamental principle that a citizen cannot be deprived of a right in order to be allowed to exercise a right.
    • Government has no authority to require or deny permission to exercise a right that does not, in itself, interfere with the rights of others.
    • Compelled background checks are a stalking horse designed to sucker gun owners into thinking they are “certified by government as one of the good guys” while actually depriving them of their fundamental rights.
    • Compelled background checks are a violation of our 4th Amendment-guaranteed right to be secure from unwarranted interrogation and search in the absence of probable cause of criminal conduct.
    • Compelled background checks are a violation of our 5th Amendment-guaranteed right to due process before our rights can be taken from us.
    • Background checks are a violation of our 10th Amendment-guaranteed right to a federal government exercising only those powers delegated to it by the U.S. Constitution.
    • Requiring permission from government to exercise our inherited and unalienable right to keep and bear arms is an a priori restraint and a violation of our 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms.
    • The federal government doesn’t even have the Constitutional authority to license firearm dealers or run the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
    • Compelled background checks mandated by State law are a violation of our 10th Amendment-guaranteed right to State governments exercising only those powers not prohibited to the States by the U.S. Constitution (e.g., 2nd Amendment).

The object of compelled background checks have always been to render our entire Rule of Law under the 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 10th amendments moot and irrelevant against the totalitarian Rule of Man. Think Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Mugabe, Kim Jong Il, Qaddafi, Ayatollah Khamenei, and other vicious dictators, none of whom recognize citizen rights.

What are we going to do when federal or international government thugs break down our doors and ignore our rights because we have already waived them?

Enforcing the U.S. Constitution is our defense: Government has no authority to SUCKER people into waiving their rights. Government has no authority to issue or deny permission to exercise a fundamental right. It is time to REJECT and REPEAL all laws requiring government permission to exercise our rights!

It is time to say WE WILL NOT COMPLY with unConstitutional color of law.

I would recommend gun owners immediately reclaim their rights and register a vehement protest over the violation of our 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 10th Amendment-guaranteed rights represented by the background checks required by the egregiously unconstitutional Brady Act of 1993. I can't advise you because I am a Constitutional scholar not a lawyer, but I am doing this by filing a notarized document with the county clerk of my county claiming all my rights, including specifically but not limited to my 2nd, 4th, 5th and 10th Amendment-guaranteed rights, and protesting the violation as described above. If I choose to purchase or transfer a firearm before we can get Brady repealed, I will staple a copy of that notarized document to the Form 4473. If the dealer won't permit me to do that (actually I don't think it should be a problem), I will get his name and the name of a witness to prove that I claimed my rights, whether he allowed it or not.

In closing, I want to point out a simple fact. The adam henries calling for gun control are ramping it up to eventual confiscation. Their call is subversive of the U.S. Constitution but they have a right to free speech, even subversive free speech. But when the confiscations start, that is THEIR armed insurrection and THEIR 'revolution,' not ours. We are the counter-revolutionaries and we have a gold-plated right to arrest, prosecute, and imprison the perpetrators under 18USC2383 and associated statutes. They will be conducting armed insurrection against the "authority of the United States" and that authority is exclusively, singularly, absolutely only, the United States Constitution. We, the people, have an absolute duty to protect and defend our Constitution.

Discussion welcome.

I believe you are preaching to the choir
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    I believe you are preaching to the choir
    And perhaps a bit too close to crossing the line on one of our Forum Rules.

• (15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Irony

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    And perhaps a bit too close to crossing the line on one of our Forum Rules.

• (15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.
    The rules of the forum are quite ironic. When posters speak about using the 2A for what the founding fathers intended, the rulers of a gun rights forum break out the rule book to squash the discussion.

I understand the rule and am greatful that we have it. I do not want the forum to turn into the sort of prepper site that attracts lots of strange birds that inject crazy ideas that are only tangentially related to open carry.
    Live Free or Die
    Thundar
    Last edited by Thundar; 10-25-2015 at 08:23 AM.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    The rules of the forum are quite ironic. When posters speak about using the 2A for what the founding fathers intended, the rulers of a gun rights forum break out the rule book to squash the discussion.

I understand the rule and am greatful that we have it. I do not want the forum to turn into the sort of prepper site that attracts lots of strange birds that inject crazy ideas that are only tangentially related to open carry.
    Live Free or Die
    Thundar
    Not ironic at all. OCDO is not all inclusive of things pertaining to guns.

Prefer to think that we direct and focus discussion, rather than squash it.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by DeSchaine View Post
    Seriously? The whole state? Thats hilarious.
    I watch the news in the morn while waiting for my Sweet Baboo to prep for the daily grind at the jail. The "highway reports" are always similar until there is a crash. At that point there are miles of blockages and I5 becomes a parking lot. If, as suggested, this happened at multiple spots, simultaneously, it could shut down traffic for a major portion of Wa State.
    We seem to have built our infrastructure to be very very vulnerable to terrorists.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Dr Ben Carson wanted me to post this since he doesn't have an OCDO account:
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-journal...-people-armed/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Dr Ben Carson wanted me to post this since he doesn't have an OCDO account:
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-journal...-people-armed/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    wow if you two are that close, i'm surprised he doesn't let you refer to him by his first name: DR

ipse

He prefers 'Gentle Ben'...
    Also wants it kept quite that he is distantly related to Johnnie...

Maybe Grape should send him a honorary membership...
    Last edited by HPmatt; 10-25-2015 at 04:52 PM.
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

He prefers 'Gentle Ben'...
    Also wants it kept quite that he is distantly related to Johnnie...

Maybe Grape should send him a honorary membership...
    People should not be surprised at the number and quality of the politicians that read this forum - some via registration, some under our No Membership Required standard.

Canac the Magnificent could make a point tellingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    People should not be surprised at the number and quality of the politicians that read this forum - some via registration, some under our No Membership Required standard.

Canac the Magnificent could make a point tellingly.
    I can't imagine a politician becoming elected who didn't sell their soul to the devil (special interests) and lie through their teeth to gain political power ($$).

Democrat or Republican: they are all cut from the same cloth imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post
    I can't imagine a politician becoming elected who didn't sell their soul to the devil (special interests) and lie through their teeth to gain political power ($$).

Democrat or Republican: they are all cut from the same cloth imho.
    There is warp, filler and then mix in bias. Similar threads just as in personalities and sail makers will yeild different results.
    http://www.challengesailcloth.com/warp-fill-bias/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast