• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

American Gun Confiscation

HPmatt

He prefers 'Gentle Ben'...
Also wants it kept quite that he is distantly related to Johnnie...

Maybe Grape should send him a honorary membership...

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
He prefers 'Gentle Ben'...
Also wants it kept quite that he is distantly related to Johnnie...

Maybe Grape should send him a honorary membership...
People should not be surprised at the number and quality of the politicians that read this forum - some via registration, some under our No Membership Required standard.

Canac the Magnificent could make a point tellingly.

Dave_pro2a

People should not be surprised at the number and quality of the politicians that read this forum - some via registration, some under our No Membership Required standard.

Canac the Magnificent could make a point tellingly.

I can't imagine a politician becoming elected who didn't sell their soul to the devil (special interests) and lie through their teeth to gain political power ($$).

Democrat or Republican: they are all cut from the same cloth imho.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I can't imagine a politician becoming elected who didn't sell their soul to the devil (special interests) and lie through their teeth to gain political power ($$).

Democrat or Republican: they are all cut from the same cloth imho.

There is warp, filler and then mix in bias. Similar threads just as in personalities and sail makers will yeild different results.
http://www.challengesailcloth.com/warp-fill-bias/

Dave_pro2a

Tough to be the taker when you live next door to the fella you just took from. Survival of the friendliest?

Politicos don't live next door to the rabble.

Plus they enjoy special protections -- some codified, some extended by 'courtesy.'

Shovelhead

IIRC it was a utility company that accidentally severed the fiber optic line near Charlotte. ONE line brought the whole state down, and some areas outside the state.

"A" fiber was more than likely at least "a" conduit containing several cables each made up of multiple fibers.

A single optical fiber can carry over 3,000,000 full-duplex voice calls or 90,000 TV channels.

As for redundancy, I've witnessed a user's "redundant path" (backup) was another pair of fiber in the same cable.
Yes, the cable was cut by a contractor. Yes the user was amazed that his backup failed. <face palm> SMH
Planning this stuff ain't exactly rocket surgery.

Attachments

• fibe_pic.jpg
    fibe_pic.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Ezek

While this is not the first, nor the last, it is the most grievous example the intent of the "antis" with regards to all of us.
How we deal with it when these heinous actions rear their ugly head again remains to be seen.

You should know the antis want to kill us..

considering they are promoting swatting on their facebook accounts.

I don't understand hwo they can logicall separate themselves from the result of the act a police officer might do responding to an exaggerated 911 call.

if you called and the cop shoots and kills an OC'er with a HOLSTERED firearm, it is the same IMO as the person who called pulling the trigger themselves. their actions initiated the end response. as a result it is their responsibility to own up to the murder they committed. they never will though, and the shills will continue to say they are doing the right thing. even though they are condoning indirect murder.

seriously, the only plus side I can see is the family can sue the caller AND the state for millions. so the family of the deceased comes out on top.... at the taxpayers expense.

utbagpiper

Banned
You should know the antis want to kill us..

Fortunately, the number of antis is smaller than it seems. Their influence and apparent size is magnified because they tend to control so much of media, pop culture, polling organizations, etc. I think they also tend to be more likely to be involved in politics than we are just from simple nature. Most pro-RKBA types just want to be left alone. Gun grabbers tend to be cut form that cloth that desires to impose on others.

Also, antis tend to be clustered into major urban areas. Any significant problems with national infrastructure means grocery stores quickly run out of food, gas stations run out of fuel, and heaven help the major urban area that loses power, culinary water, sewer, or garbage service for more than about 15 minutes. It isn't that rural areas don't also depend on the infrastructure, it is just that it is a lot harder to prepare for interruptions in a 500 square foot condo with no yard than it is with a typical sub-urban home and yard, not to mention those in truly rural areas.

Furthermore, the neighborhoods occupied by antis tend to much closer to the already unstable, poverty stricken inner-cities than are the suburbs or rural areas. Should cable/satellite TV (much less essential services) be interrupted to inner-city areas, I suspect most antis and whatever national and State forces (police or military) they can muster, will have their hands full in the cities.

I don't think national confiscation is our big risk at least for a while. Look how well that whole alcohol prohibition worked out and that was with a full blown ConAmd being passed. Every Democrat president (and some GOPpers too no doubt) would be quite happy to pass all kinds of new legislation infringing on the RKBA. During modern times, the presidency is the last real job a person holds. Retirement pay is perfectly adequate even before one cashes in on book deals and speaking tours. But, virtually every congressman and Senator has aspirations that go beyond the next election or two and they all remember 1994 quite well. Sure, a few of them like Pelosi represent such radically anti districts they can actually vote for new gun laws safely. But most don't. At least not yet.

Blue collar union members tend to vote democrat. They also tend to own guns and intend to keep owning them. Most have a long heritage of gun ownership.

Illegal aliens and other "immigrants" from Latin America, the Middle East, or Africa, however, generally do not have such a heritage. If the Democrats can ever assure their re-election without needing the blue collar, blue dogs, then we may well be in imminent danger of nationwide confiscation.

Until then, our risk is that the RKBA community runs off the union democrats, or simply concedes too many elections because nobody is "good enough" to warrant our support.

Charles