Thread: 4 dead, 21 wounded.... in DUI crash

4 dead, 21 wounded.... in DUI crash

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/24.../?intcmp=hppop

We need more laws to keep people from drinking and driving! We need to do background checks on people who want to buy alcohol! Did he have a license for that car? Was it stolen or did he own it legally?

-----

Dear Anti's,

See how stupid it all sounds?

Regards,
    LAC's

Edit: Holy crap. Read the comments! LMAO!
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 10-26-2015 at 09:16 PM. Reason: 4 victims deceased now
    Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
    Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
    Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
    Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
    -Patrick Henry, Virginia Ratification Convention, June 5, 1788

Quote Originally Posted by DeSchaine View Post
    Edit: Holy crap. Read the comments! LMAO!
    That depends on whether I'll be at risk of a stupidity-induced aneurysm from doing so.

Why no background checks on buying motor vehicles? Anybody can buy a car, how do we know they are trained?
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Sue the car manufacturer!!!!! Limit cars to only 2 cylinders and a top speed of 10 miles per hour!
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Sue the car manufacturer!!!!! Limit cars to only 2 cylinders and a top speed of 10 miles per hour!
    Maximum 10 person vehicle occupancy, no hi cap passenger vehicles.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Cannot be driven or parked on the property of any education facility.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Automatic transmission? Large capacity fuel tank? The allusions are endless.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Americans do have an affinity for machines that are known to cause serious injury and death.

From birth they are predisposed to spend so much of their life with them, it becomes commonplace/normal - guilty by association.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 10-24-2015 at 05:05 PM. Reason: added
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Automatic transmission? Large capacity fuel tank? The allusions are endless.
    Sound suppressors? The auto drivers are all driving with sound suppressors attached to 1500 lb weapons! Heck! The design concept is identical--baffles!!

Ban baffles!! Only allow baffles after a tax stamp is paid!! Oh, wait. That's what that little sticker on the windshield or license plate is: a tax stamp.

But! but! but! Did the recipient (sic for tax victim) have to pass a separate backround check in order to obtain his baffle device from Midas Muffler?

Serious Note: It occurs to me that the self-defense world should just start calling those simple gizmos on the end of a threaded barrel mufflers. Wanta bet whether that totally defangs all the negative arguments against them? "No, I don't want a silencer to commit a crime. I want a muffler for health reasons--to reduce hearing loss."
    Last edited by Citizen; 10-24-2015 at 07:57 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

LOL I'm looking forward to my (BMW X5 35d) twin-turbo diesel's suppressor rotting out just to see how good it sounds without one. My previous car was a single turbo diesel with a stainless steel suppressor, but acquaintances removed them for the tones. An acquaintances 250 hp 1900 cc diesel would SOOT a car following too closely. VROOM vroom!

Hearing loss; too late. Next week we sign up for a Medicare Advantage plan that will help me with hearing aids.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 10-24-2015 at 09:02 PM.

The alleged driver is allegedly mentally incompetent to be responsible for the alleged acts. Where are the cries for mental health evaluations before being allowed to purchase.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    The alleged driver is allegedly mentally incompetent to be responsible for the alleged acts. Where are the cries for mental health evaluations before being allowed to purchase.

OC4MEW, shhhhh...that will be the next mantra being echo'd ....MH bkgnd check before you are able to get a state level DL!!! (aka another profit center for the state)
    (btw, and i do not know this as fact but don't those with CDLs, all endorsements need a 'complete' physical...does that include a rudimentary MH screening?)
    ipse
    Last edited by solus; 10-26-2015 at 11:37 AM. Reason: added the btw...
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Hmmm - mental evaluation before being allowed to register on OCDO.

Who shall the final judge be?

Beware of the psychologization of dissent.

a side note...might wish to change the title...dropping the concept of DUI...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    a side note...might wish to change the title...dropping the concept of DUI...

ipse
    Adjusted the title to reflect the number of victims deceased, but have found nothing to indicate any change in suspicion of driver DUI.

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    OC4MEW, shhhhh...that will be the next mantra being echo'd ....MH bkgnd check before you are able to get a state level DL!!! (aka another profit center for the state)
    (btw, and i do not know this as fact but don't those with CDLs, all endorsements need a 'complete' physical...does that include a rudimentary MH screening?)
    ipse
    CDL? I've had one and as long as I did not knock a orange cone over during the test...

Nice folks, drivers...but, after all they still be a truck driver...
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    CDL? I've had one and as long as I did not knock a orange cone over during the test...

Nice folks, drivers...but, after all they still be a truck driver...
    I've been a CDL 18 wheeler driver since 1978. DOT Physical does not include any mental health screening. Things have changed in the last couple of years and the Doctors require different training now, so you probably can't just go to your regular Doctor and get your DOT Physical any more. An entire industry has sprouted up for this, usually included in with occupational therapy and rehab, maybe at the free clinic on the seedy side of town.

I believe it is pretty much a given that you have to be a little bit insane to want to be a truck driver. Professional Truck Driver, yesterday I couldn't even spell it; today I are one!!! Yay! They do converse with you on some casual level, but I don't know if that is part of any evaluation of not. Hearing screening consists of whispering numbers from behind you, which you must then repeat correctly. Always struck me as rather unscientific.

Since I'm on the subject, plenty of truckers out there today with barely a rudimentary grasp of the English language. Of course I'm biased, but car driving behavior is pretty much atrocious, worse than truckers BY FAR! Mostly a matter of not knowing, or understanding what they are dealing with as far as stopping, starting and turning requirements.

I have every endorsement known to mankind, I think, specialize in hauling hazardous materials. I've had 7 placards on my trailer at one time. 3.5 million miles, been in 48 states. Not all accident free, but none real serious. I'm ready to quit by the end of most days.
    Last edited by Wstar425; 10-27-2015 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wstar425 View Post
    I've been a CDL 18 wheeler driver since 1978. DOT Physical does not include any mental health screening. Things have changed in the last couple of years and the Doctors require different training now, so you probably can't just go to your regular Doctor and get your DOT Physical any more. An entire industry has sprouted up for this, usually included in with occupational therapy and rehab, maybe at the free clinic on the seedy side of town.

I believe it is pretty much a given that you have to be a little bit insane to want to be a truck driver. Professional Truck Driver, yesterday I couldn't even spell it; today I are one!!! Yay! They do converse with you on some casual level, but I don't know if that is part of any evaluation of not. Hearing screening consists of whispering numbers from behind you, which you must then repeat correctly. Always struck me as rather unscientific.

Since I'm on the subject, plenty of truckers out there today with barely a rudimentary grasp of the English language. Of course I'm biased, but car driving behavior is pretty much atrocious, worse than truckers BY FAR! Mostly a matter of not knowing, or understanding what they are dealing with as far as stopping, starting and turning requirements.

I have every endorsement known to mankind, I think, specialize in hauling hazardous materials. I've had 7 placards on my trailer at one time. 3.5 million miles, been in 48 states. Not all accident free, but none real serious. I'm ready to quit by the end of most days.

kudos Wstar...better man than i am...whew!!

ipse

Quote Originally Posted by Wstar425 View Post

I was a day driver, hauling timber from the various harvest sites in several counties in the Pee Dee area of SC, to a paper mill in Georgetown SC. Started at daylight and stopped at dusk . Ran the county roads cuz SCDOT troopers were very rare to see. Got paid by the load.

Seen too many to count fourwheelers thinking that I could stop just as quickly as they. I moved on to greener pastures when my boss wanted me to start hauling timber from GA to a IP mill in N. Charleston SC. Nope, I ain't making no money for a GA timber farmer.

I was at the homecoming parade where this happened. Sad and tragic. We were about two blocks away when it occurred.

The woman is being charged with 4 counts of 2nd degree murder (may be upgraded to 5 soon), and they believe toxicology results will show some sort of prescription medications in her blood. All witness accounts seem to point to this being an intentional attack.

One of the victims was a 2 year old boy. I don't know the father, personally, but alumni and our University have raised over $20,000 for the family of each deceased victim.

Just goes to show that guns are not the problem.
    Last edited by mynameiscolb; 10-27-2015 at 12:13 PM.