• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tandy Leather, Fairfield Oh (just outside Cincinnati)

Sigger

Cincinnati (Springfield Township), Ohio, USA
Recently I've come to enjoy leather-working and making a few holsters and things for myself. Yesterday when I went to the Tandy store in Fairfield, I saw the store is now a CPZ. I disarmed and went in to discuss it with the manager. He said that he had to post the store because of a single "problem customer." I tried to explain that there were better options for him but he insisted on keeping the sign up.

So, my question to you all is this: Where in the Cincinnati area can i get good leather to work with? I don't mind buying tools online (from someone besides Tandy now), but for a piece of material, I'd prefer to see it before I shell out the big $$ for a bit of leather.

Brian D.

I wonder what the "problem customer" did that upset the manager? (Note I am no way taking sides, it's just a dang question, which sometimes leads to answers, and when the stars all align, I learn something.)