Thread: No open carry sign back in Luverne, AL McDonalds

No open carry sign back in Luverne, AL McDonalds

I noticed a No Open Carry sign on the door of the McDonald's in Luverne, Alabama today. This version made no bogus reference to state law or city ordinances.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151025_114712-1.jpg 
Views:	403 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	12823  

Quote Originally Posted by efriday View Post
    I noticed a No Open Carry sign on the door of the McDonald's in Luverne, Alabama today. This version made no bogus reference to state law or city ordinances.
    With reference to the sign... only people who "posses" certain ID may OC?

I think you're good to go!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Does that sign carry the weight of law in Alabama?

“…McDonald’s company-owned restaurants follow local, state and federal laws as it relates to open carry weapons in our restaurants.

For franchisee-owned restaurants, operational decisions regarding open carry weapon laws are made by the independent franchisee."

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/mcdona...uns-in-stores/
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Does that sign carry the weight of law in Alabama?

“…McDonald’s company-owned restaurants follow local, state and federal laws as it relates to open carry weapons in our restaurants.

For franchisee-owned restaurants, operational decisions regarding open carry weapon laws are made by the independent franchisee."

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/mcdona...uns-in-stores/
    No, but if you OC inside and then are asked to leave and don't, then you risk a trespassing charge from the local gendarmes (who, in this case, *probably* provided the sign in the first place).

There are several sheriffs in central AL who have made it their business to use CCW permits funds (essentially a sheriff's slush fund) to buy and hand out these "No OC" signs.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
    No, but if you OC inside and then are asked to leave and don't, then you risk a trespassing charge from the local gendarmes (who, in this case, *probably* provided the sign in the first place).

There are several sheriffs in central AL who have made it their business to use CCW permits funds (essentially a sheriff's slush fund) to buy and hand out these "No OC" signs.
    Un-elect them. It is the American way.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Un-elect them. It is the American way.
    However, in the great state of Alabama, if a particular sheriff has the backing of the Alabama Sheriffs' Association, or any one of a number of political powerhouses in this state, un-electing them is, at best, a nightmare.

We also have the problem of a constituency who will believe almost anything they are told. Especially if it is told to them by someone in either secular or spiritual authority. Why, yes, we do have some ministers who are known to preach politics rather than the gospel from the pulpit.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Quote Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post

I'm pretty sure my grandson in first grade could make a better looking sign.