Thread: Islamic invasion pulls trigger: Europe now scrambles for guns. Leo Hohmann WND

Islamic invasion pulls trigger: Europe now scrambles for guns. Leo Hohmann WND

Austrians are arming themselves at record rates in an effort to defend their households against feared attacks from Muslim invaders.
    [ ... ]
    A Czech TV report confirms that long guns – shotguns and rifles – have been flying off the shelves in Austria, and Austrians who haven’t already purchased a gun may not have a chance to get one for some time. They’re all sold out. And those arming themselves are primarily women. “If anyone wants to buy a long gun in Austria right now, too bad for them,” the Czech newscaster says. “All of them are currently sold out.”

http://www.wnd.com/2015/10/islamic-i...mble-for-guns/

Monday, 26 October 2015
    The Muslim Migrants and the Death of the West
    http://www.thenewamerican.com/review...th-of-the-west

Leftie-liberal Euro-trash vulture chickens home to roost.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 10-27-2015 at 08:19 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Heard on the radio that a town of 60 residents in Germany is now home to over 1500 "migrants."
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Heard on the radio that a town of 60 residents in Germany is now home to over 1500 "migrants."
    I heard about one hamlet of 300 Germans that had a sudden influx of 1,000 migrants. Crazy stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by qednick View Post
    I heard about one hamlet of 300 Germans that had a sudden influx of 1,000 migrants. Crazy stuff!
    Migrants or invaders?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Migrants or invaders?
    Unarmed invaders?

A guy that I know from my Army days in Italy stayed in Italy after he retired. He confirms what many have said about the problems concerning the Muslim crowd resettling in Europe.

Swedish politician says country ‘facing collapse’ due to mass influx of refugees

State Researcher
    Methinks there are really two problems here, one is economic, the other social/cultural.

A society can only support so many poor and needy before no more can be supported. Whether the support is provided free will by individuals or via government is not the major question here. Each working person can only support so many other persons before his resources are depleted.

Over time, of course, poor people might enter the work force and contribute to the economy. But it will take some time.

The other problem is cultural. No society can survive an unlimited number of new comers, especially when the new comers have no interest in adopting the culture and assimilating into it. This view might be labeled as xenophobic by those who don't want to deal with such a reality. But the American Indians might well have benefited from a little more "xenophobia."

Notably, nothing I've written here applies exclusively to Islamic refugees...though one might consider on whether that culture has aspects that make it less likely to integrate and assimilate into a host culture that some other cultures might be.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

State Researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Unarmed invaders?
    Arms can acquired later once a presence is established....perhaps much easier than acquiring entry with arms would be.

The difference between migrants and invaders is intent.

In the end, intent might not matter. Culture is defined by who is in it. I've seen more than one small town in our nation have its culture changed beyond all recognition by an influx of fellow citizens from another State. Some on this list are reporting similar issues for entire States. In both cases the term "Californication" might be aptly applied.

Most people tend to want to maintain the culture they know, even after they have chosen to move so as to escape the entirely predictable outcomes of that culture.

The socially and fiscally liberal policies of California lead directly to high taxes, high crime, poor schools, dangerous neighborhoods, and declining job opportunities. You and I know that. But when Californians move to Southern Utah or to Washington, Oregano, Colorado, or Arizona, most of them tend to continue to advocate for the same policies that caused the problems they moved away from.

Similarly, denying others freedom of conscience, imposing totalitarian control over others, and denying women all meaningful involvement in public policy decisions, commerce, and other institutions seems to lead to wars and similar problems. We will have to see whether the "migrants" (or refugees or "invaders") show a desire to avoid the social policies that lead to the problems they fled, or whether they tend to maintain a desire for those policies.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

--Marxist.org

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    "Society" doesn't support anything.Z

It simply is the people.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

http://imgur.com/gallery/tnfGx

interesting fotos bring some things into perspective

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Unarmed invaders?
    Look at what's being said in Arabic-language media. They're quite explicit that this is an invasion, that they will retake "their" land (aka Iberian Peninsula, Greece, the Balkans aka once ruled by Islam always owned by Islam) and the rest of Europe next. The defeat of the Islamic invasion of 1683 (what, you didn't know Islam was busy invading Europe until well into the 17th Century? Shame on your history teachers) at Vienna by Jan Sobieski and the Polish army will be rectified. As a bonus the fools who run Europe are helping them. Whether they're insane and actually believe they have a duty to take in hostile invading populations or whether they're being paid off is unclear.

Reconquista! 1492 Anniversary of the fall of Granada, the last Iberian Islamic state!

That's the root of the modern reconquistadores hate for Columbus Day!

Remember next Columbus Day that the Islamists were driven off the Spanish Iberian peninsula when Columbus Sailed the Ocean Blue - in 1492. Remember our past, or be doomed to repeat it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconquista

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Reconquista

State Researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    "Society" doesn't support anything.

It simply is the people.

society

noun so·ci·e·ty \sə-ˈsī-ə-tē\

: people in general thought of as living together in organized communities with shared laws, traditions, and values

: the people of a particular country, area, time, etc., thought of especially as an organized community

Society is "the people" to the extent they share common values, traditions, cultures, goals, laws, etc. From time to time, at least try to see the world from a perspective other than government being illegitimate.

Charles

--Marxist.org

Banned
    The issues really are EU issues; they did nothing and now this is the result. Its a bad result.

The US should stop these illegals and disallow these folks from entering our country.

I spoke recently to one 20 yr old ... whining about how bad it is where he came from. I told him that he should go back and re-take and liberate his hometown. But wait, he's not willing to do that. Then I told him to shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by utbagpiper View Post
    society

noun so·ci·e·ty \sə-ˈsī-ə-tē\

: people in general thought of as living together in organized communities with shared laws, traditions, and values

: the people of a particular country, area, time, etc., thought of especially as an organized community

Society is "the people" to the extent they share common values, traditions, cultures, goals, laws, etc. From time to time, at least try to see the world from a perspective other than government being illegitimate.

Charles
    Government is not listed in the definition.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

State Researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Government is not listed in the definition.
    No. But the motivation of the poster to whom I responded was quite clear.

If you don't like me writing about anarchy when you and I converse, then you need to stop injecting these silly comments when I'm not even responding to you. They make it appear you are staunchly defending something you claim not to be defending.

I'm open to all kinds of discussions, debates, and learning from your insights, OC for ME. I'm really not interested in your sniping.

In the interest of honest discussion I'll offer the following:

Society is the collective will of the persons living in a given area. I realize that some will go into immediate convulsions at the word "collective". But anyone who has seen, much less ever complained about, what happens when a previously nice place to live gets over-run by those "escaping" California will understand immediately what that means. It can mean "majority" or perhaps "noisy minority". Either way, when enough folks with different values enter an area, the culture of that area is going to be under pressure to change. Sometimes the pressure can be resisted as seems to have happened regarding RKBA and OC in Arizona. But sometimes the newcomers tip the scales and culture changes and with it the laws that reflect social mores as we see regarding RKBA in Colorado.

Charles

--Marxist.org

Quote Originally Posted by utbagpiper View Post
    No. But the motivation of the poster to whom I responded was quite clear.
    From time to time, at least try to see the world from a perspective other than government being illegitimate. - utbagpiper
    From that poster's perspective is the currently constituted government legitimate, given the government's many "unconstitutional acts" that are documented. Unconstitutional from the perspective that government is now a clear impediment to a citizen in the peaceable pursuit of his individual liberty. Is there differing degrees of legitimacy? Or, is there only "one way" that a citizen must view government and their legitimacy. It certainly appears that your definition of what constitutes legitimate government should be the only definition.

A citizen who desires to interact with government only on a voluntary basis, on his terms, does not deprive you of your opportunity to be compelled to interact with government.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. - Thomas Jefferson
    I'm open to all kinds of discussions, debates, and learning from your insights, OC for ME. I'm really not interested in your sniping.

In the interest of honest discussion I'll offer the following:

Society is the collective will of the persons living in a given area. I realize that some will go into immediate convulsions at the word "collective". But anyone who has seen, much less ever complained about, what happens when a previously nice place to live gets over-run by those "escaping" California will understand immediately what that means. It can mean "majority" or perhaps "noisy minority". Either way, when enough folks with different values enter an area, the culture of that area is going to be under pressure to change. Sometimes the pressure can be resisted as seems to have happened regarding RKBA and OC in Arizona. But sometimes the newcomers tip the scales and culture changes and with it the laws that reflect social mores as we see regarding RKBA in Colorado.

Charles
    Government must respect the right of a citizen to either consent to interact with government, or not. More importantly, government must not compel a citizen to interact with government when that compelled interaction is detrimental to the citizen. This belief (desire) is not anarchy it is a citizen desiring to only interact with government on his terms and not on the governments terms.

Voluntary consent, interaction, is the desired form of peaceable interaction between private citizens, yet voluntary consent, or the denial of consent to interact, is undesirable when it is a government/citizen interaction.