Thread: KY drone hunting season re-opens....

KY drone hunting season re-opens....

Old thread was 'prematurely locked', looks like Open Season on low-flying drones in KY.
    You would have thought the drone-commander would have shown video from SD card to obtain a favorable outcome if he was not snooping.

http://www.wave3.com/story/30355558/...ctory-in-court
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

It is what I expected, a trial would have been a waste of taxpayer money. There was no way a jury was going to unanimously vote this guy guilty. I doubt there will be a consensus on a grand jury either.

What probably will happen is the shooter's home insurance will pay for the drone rather than waste money on litigation.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

'Drone Slayer' claims victory in court

Monday afternoon, Bullitt County Judge Rebecca Ward dismissed the case against William H. Merideth, who admitted to shooting down a drone he said was hovering over his home last July.

“I think it’s credible testimony that his drone was hovering from anywhere, for two or three times over these people’s property, that it was an invasion of their privacy and that they had the right to shoot this drone,” Judge Ward told the courtroom. “And I’m going to dismiss his charge.”

http://www.wave3.com/story/30355558/...ctory-in-court
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.