Thread: Army misfires on pistol upgrade effort, confuses gun makers with complex requirements

Army misfires on pistol upgrade effort, confuses gun makers with complex requirements

Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman John McCain will soon issue a report called “America’s Most Wasted: Army’s Costly Misfire.” It says the Army has spent 10 years preparing a competition for a gun that will cost about $500. During all that time, he says, the Army has little to show but a thick, complex requirements package that perplexes gun makers and may produce a rigged result.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...t-confuses-gu/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modular_Handgun_System
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

and this surprizes you how and why?

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Founder's Club Member
    Wouldn't it be funny if gun makers just guffawed at the specs in the new competition, and none entered the competition?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Wouldn't it be funny if gun makers just guffawed at the specs in the new competition, and none entered the competition?
    Except they already know who will "win" and that company is already ready with possibly the only gun that will "qualify."
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Except they already know who will "win" and that company is already ready with possibly the only gun that will "qualify."
    Mmmm. Good point.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

they do know who will win the coveted contract...the one that put together the bid specs for the army...

personally i like the 400K fighter jet helmets that are individually custom fitted to each pilot of the aircraft. now that is a waste of money...rumors now are surfacing the helmets electronics are substandard but the military is going forward with them anyway.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    ...the Army has little to show but a thick, complex requirements package that perplexes gun makers and may produce a rigged result.
    So... exactly the same process that selected the M9.
    Last edited by KBCraig; 11-01-2015 at 02:48 AM.

The only thing the government is an expert on is being incompetent, and wasting money. Pick a damn gun, and move on.

It is not that hard to find a gun that fits the bill, and no matter the choice some soldier will complain.

1. American made
    2. Reliable, LE is the testing base, no need to waste millions.
    3. Ergonomic for a wide range of soldiers from large to small frame.
    4. Easy maintenance, and safety.
    5. Durability.

My vote goes to the S&W M&P
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The only thing the government is an expert on is being incompetent, and wasting money. Pick a damn gun, and move on.

It is not that hard to find a gun that fits the bill, and no matter the choice some soldier will complain.

1. American made
    2. Reliable, LE is the testing base, no need to waste millions.
    3. Ergonomic for a wide range of soldiers from large to small frame.
    4. Easy maintenance, and safety.
    5. Durability.

My vote goes to the S&W M&P

fnh...