• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

armed men protecting homeless camp in Vancouver

decklin

Seeing as Vancouver is well known for their anti freedom behavior we'll see how long before the PD starts arresting the volunteers.

OC for ME

Is there a "security guard" law in WA?

The Oath Keepers were run outta Ferguson because the cops alleged they were acting as unlicensed security guards.

Disregard the fact that the property owner requested there free service and the Oath Keeper's acts did not fall within the language of the law.

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
I don't believe they could legitimately be called vigilantes since they are not pursuing alleged criminals to mete out justice.

And if they're smart they won't call themselves guards. Just friends who happen to be armed when they come over to visit.

Those who live on the margins of society have my sympathy in inverse relation to the degree to which their marginalization was self-inflicted. If these armed folks want to help, and the helpees want them, its all good to me.

jsanchez

I don't believe they could legitimately be called vigilantes since they are not pursuing alleged criminals to mete out justice.

And if they're smart they won't call themselves guards. Just friends who happen to be armed when they come over to visit.

Those who live on the margins of society have my sympathy in inverse relation to the degree to which their marginalization was self-inflicted. If these armed folks want to help, and the helpees want them, its all good to me.

+1

If they see something I hope they would call the police and let the police handle it, but if its life threatening, then they will be there to help until the police arrive.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Vigilantes think there is a need there. Cops do not think there is a need there?

This young lady thinks their is a need.........
Nancy Gaines, a homeless woman who has lived under a tarp at the encampment outside the Vancouver SHARE shelter for six years says she's been sexually assaulted and stolen from many times. She appreciates the armed volunteers.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
This young lady thinks their is a need.........
Nancy Gaines, a homeless woman who has lived under a tarp at the encampment outside the Vancouver SHARE shelter for six years says she's been sexually assaulted and stolen from many times. She appreciates the armed volunteers.

Inquiring minds want to know - what is she doing to protect herself from being a repeat victim?

Or is this just one more thing that is someone else's responsibility to deal with? (No, she does not need to become a ninja member of Seel Teal XXIV but I'm betting there are some things she could do to reduce her vulnerability.)

stay safe.

sudden valley gunner

Inquiring minds want to know - what is she doing to protect herself from being a repeat victim?

Or is this just one more thing that is someone else's responsibility to deal with? (No, she does not need to become a ninja member of Seel Teal XXIV but I'm betting there are some things she could do to reduce her vulnerability.)

stay safe.

Her appreciation is irrelevant to what she is doing.

Last edited:

OC for ME

stay safe.
Why not you ask her. She is, apparently, easy to find.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Inquiring minds want to know -

part one... what is she doing to protect herself from being a repeat victim?

roman numeral II.......stay safe.

part one.... What most people do, absolutely nothing.

Roman numeral II.........She does not understand the concept, as, again, most people do not.

Some of us understand their are boogymen out there. Some of us have met him. Hence, we prepare to defend ourselves. The dinovite dog supplement touts that "it replaces the nutrients cooked out of regular dog food." I say the "Nutrients" have been "cooked out" of the mind of the majority of the general population. People have been trained to be weak. I cannot pity people who live in their own little version of the Matrix.

Last edited:

Whitney

Duty to protect ?

Notwithstanding the lack of a permanent address would it be possible for someone living in a homeless camp / shelter to purchase a firearm for personal self defense? My question is specific to Washington State due to the passage of I-594.

I know there are some FFL "dealers" here, how would you handle the 4473 form in the case of a homeless person attempting to purchase a firearm?

I am basically asserting, the government is in fact preventing citizens in this situation from exercising the right to arms simply because they do not have permanent residence.

I also acknowledge it is possible to acquire firearms legally without a government permission slip, it seems unlikely in the case of this woman and many others in the same situation.

~Whitney