Thread: Madison cop asks man to put away cellphone case that looks like a gun

Ellsworth Wisconsin

Madison cop asks man to put away cellphone case that looks like a gun

Interesting story. Now the writer doesn't say that the cellphone case was holstered like a gun to the guy's side. He was just carrying it. He was told to put it away because it looked like a gun. Was he holding it or carrying it on his side like many folks do with their giant cellphones. If the latter is true, then Madison police are still nervous about OC.

Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin

Madison police accidentally take photo with man holding a fake gun

Police saw a man holding a phone case that looked like a gun and told him to put it away. After apologizing, the man snapped a photo with the officer, but as he posed he pulled out his case once again. At the time the officers did not know the phone case was in the photo.

While, no one in or near the photo was in any real danger, police said the fake weapons are very serious and can be mistaken for real ones.
    [ ... ]
    Koval wants to turn the unfortunate photo into a teachable moment for Saturday's Freakfest, reminding everyone that look-alike weapons are off-limits.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 10-29-2015 at 02:27 PM.
    If TRUMP 2016 loses then I will shrug off my WHITE MAN'S BURDEN and leave the world to the Dindus and Done Nuffins. Read and understand Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged as a prescription for the future. TRUMP 2016

White Oak Plantation
    If a cop shoots a citizen with a "gat cell phone case" the cop will be found to have acted appropriately. The citizen's survivors will not gain redress either.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare