Thread: Wallingford CT pistol permit wait time?

Wallingford CT pistol permit wait time?

Hi all first time poster. I submitted everything for my temporary pistol permit at the Wallingford PD on Monday 10/26/15. The woman at the permit counter told me it takes 8-12 weeks. I was wondering if anyone had any info on how long WPD takes to process. Also wondering if I should wait past 8 weeks or contact them at 8 weeks and file an appeal if its not ready because I thought they had to do it in 8 weeks or less. Any info would be great, thanks.

Anybody?

Anybody? Anyone have any info or advice? Thanks

The state statutes say they have 8 weeks. File an appeal if it takes any more than that. My town said the same thing and I got mine in about 7.

The wait isn't due to the town it's mostly with the background check and processing at the state level.
    Last edited by adk_mechetech; 10-31-2015 at 09:47 AM.

Thanks for the reply. That's what I figured just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything

BOFE timeframe over 2 years

The Board of firearms examiners is scheduling into 2018 what good do you think an appeal would do for you?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Citizen View Post
    The Board of firearms examiners is scheduling into 2018 what good do you think an appeal would do for you?
    It would get him in line. Also, he could withdraw the appeal once he gets his permit ... many do this.