• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

4th Annual UCC CFP Class 21 Nov 2015

utbagpiper

Banned
This information is cross posted with permission from the OP over on Utah Concealed Carry dot Com.

The OP on that thread, and several others, are volunteering their time to provide the instruction required to obtain a Utah Carry Permit. The costs to the students are a $5.00 range fee and the fee to the State of Utah (and FBI) for the permit itself. If someone needs to borrow a handgun for the range, the OP has some available at a cost of $10 additional to cover the ammunition (understandablely, he will not allow any ammo except his own to be shot through his guns).

While Utah statute does not require range time for the permit, several instructors do require their students to demonstrate some level of proficiency before the instructor will sign off on their permit paperwork. If anyone doesn't want to do range time, this class is not the one to attend.

Utah is not yet a Gold Star open carry State. A permit to carry is required to OC with a round in firing position. A permit to carry is also required to OC through federal GFSZs which extend 1000' out as the crow flies from all K-12 school property (Utah dropped the 1000' rule from our State GFSZ law a couple years back.)

See the linked thread on UCCdC above for full details.

What: 4th Annual UCC CFP Class
Cost:

Category 1: $5.00 for students bringing their own handgun and 50 rounds of ammo
Category 2: $15.00 for students using my student handgun and my supplied 50 rounds of ammo

When: 21 Nov 2015 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Where: The Lee Kay Public Shooting Center, classroom "A": http://wildlife.utah.gov/lee-kay-shooting-center.html
6000 W 2100 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84128

You must pre-register online for the course: https://secure.jotformpro.com/form/42608736346965
Class size is limited to the first 25 students to sign up.
Registration will close on 19 November 2015. No registrations will be accepted after 19 Nov 2015.

NO STUDENT FIREARMS or AMMUNITION ALLOWED IN THE CLASSROOM!!!
STUDENTS - PLEASE LEAVE YOUR FIREARM AND AMMO LOCKED IN YOUR VEHICLE UNTIL TOLD TO TAKE THEM TO THE FIRING RANGE IN THE AFTERNOON.

Training curriculum that will be covered can be downloaded here: http://bci.utah.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2015/08/MTC08122015.pdf