Thread: Gunman Kills 3 in Downtown Colorado Springs - October 31, 2015

Gunman Kills 3 in Downtown Colorado Springs - October 31, 2015

Colorado Springs is my town, and I open carry most everywhere I go. I've lived here for half a dozens years this time around, and several more in years past.

I open carry everywhere I go because one never knows when some deranged individual is going to do something like what happened here today.

As we clearly see from this tragedy today, law enforcement cannot be everywhere. They cannot stop these things in a timely manner. If all law-abiding citizens exercised their Second Amendment rights, the perpetrator would have been stopped after the first shot was fired. Unfortunately, most people today are unarmed, so the perpetrator was able to murder more people before he was finally stopped by law enforcement, who arrived minutes later. Sadly, even just one minute can mean the difference between stopping the bad guy and dozens losing their lives.

My condolences to the families of the victims. I sincerely wish, however, more people would carry, either open or concealed, and that they would obtain the training they require to remain vigilant and keep themselves from becoming a victim.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Colorado Springs is my town, and I open carry most everywhere I go. I've lived here for half a dozens years this time around, and several more in years past.

I open carry everywhere I go because one never knows when some deranged individual is going to do something like what happened here today.

As we clearly see from this tragedy today, law enforcement cannot be everywhere. They cannot stop these things in a timely manner. If all law-abiding citizens exercised their Second Amendment rights, the perpetrator would have been stopped after the first shot was fired. Unfortunately, most people today are unarmed, so the perpetrator was able to murder more people before he was finally stopped by law enforcement, who arrived minutes later. Sadly, even just one minute can mean the difference between stopping the bad guy and dozens losing their lives.

My condolences to the families of the victims. I sincerely wish, however, more people would carry, either open or concealed, and that they would obtain the training they require to remain vigilant and keep themselves from becoming a victim.
    Suggested edit: "...before he was finally stopped by people with guns."
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Suggested edit: "...before he was finally stopped by people with guns."
    Nope. It's misleading, whereas everyone "law enforcement" is more definitive and everyone knows that "law enforcement" carry guns, hence the shooting.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Any more details on this? News seemed vague about the shooter, made me think it was gang related.

i find it discerning there has not been any further information released...just rehash of the original report.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

4 dead, including suspected gunman, after shootings in downtown Colorado Springs.

In the course of about a half-hour Saturday morning, a shooting spree erupted east of downtown Colorado Springs and four people were dead after a gunman moved through a residential neighborhood before a deadly shootout with police officers near a restaurant about a half-mile away.

http://gazette.com/man-shot-by-polic...rticle/1562310

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...ZuaOs9AJVA9s0M 274 articles ATM
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    In the course of about a half-hour Saturday morning, a shooting spree erupted east of downtown Colorado Springs and four people were dead after a gunman moved through a residential neighborhood before a deadly shootout with police officers near a restaurant about a half-mile away.

http://gazette.com/man-shot-by-polic...rticle/1562310 as i stated...simply a rehash of yesterday's news...none of the victims identified, shooter not identified, no motive, etc., gazette quote: we don't know how many officers responded unquote...bloody space filler is all

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...ZuaOs9AJVA9s0M 274 articles ATM examiner quote:At least two other individuals were injured in the shooting, but the exact number has yet to be revealed. The ages and identifies of the victims, who were shot and killed approximately a half-mile apart, were not released. unquote
    you were saying nightmare?

as i was saying...there has not been any further information released!!

Last edited by solus; 11-01-2015 at 09:03 AM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

http://gazette.com/colorado-springs-...rticle/1562379

the individual who was the shooter was an individual who struggled with substance abuse for years and might have dropped off the wagon in recent months. he gunned down two members from a recovery house across the street where he lived and a random bicyclist.

no motive, yet another and still sad commentary this nation cannot facilitate assistance for those with MH issues.

nothing mentioned about others being wounded or injured.

ipse, ThD
    Last edited by solus; 11-02-2015 at 07:45 AM.

He should'a put US all out of his misery.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Looks like he was also trying to burn down the house he was living in.

Still no word. I wonder why CSPD is keeping this so quiet?

As usual, the left never fails to capitalize on an opportunity to find Liberty at fault:

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2015...lorado-springs

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...an-with-a-gun/

Ugh,

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29...rings-shooting

Once again letting the exception define the rule.
    Last edited by Dario; 11-03-2015 at 04:01 PM.
    * The facts referred to in this post are not intended to advocate breaking any local, state or federal laws. It is incumbent on the reader to determine the consequences of any illegal activities.

Also...

In an other story from the same paper...
    3 robbers enter a guys house, and 1 gets shot, in apparent self defense, but...

Paul M. Yamagiwa, 24, and Brett Anthony Yamagiwa, 26. (Provided by Thornton Police)

Thornton police have arrested a 33-year-old man after one of three men who entered his home died in a shootout during a robbery Sunday.
    Police also arrested two others who entered the apartment with the man who died, said Officer Matt Barnes, Thornton police spokesman.
    "The two brothers and the deceased party entered the (Servando) Flores apartment and there was gunfire exchanged," Barnes said.
    Flores was arrested for investigation of second-degree murder, and released pending filing of formal charges and review by the Adams County District Attorney's Office.
    Also arrested Brett Anthony Yamagiwa, 26, and Paul M. Yamagiwa, 24, on robbery and other charges.
    Police haven't identified the dead man, pending positive identification by the Adams County Coroner's Office and notification of next of kin.
    "We don't know who fired what shots yet, but we do know the homeowner fired upon the intruders. We are still trying to determine a motive for the robbery," Barnes said.
    Tom McGhee: 303-954-1671, tmcghee@denverpost.com or @dpmcghee

EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Forget that Colorado has castle doctrine and constitutional OC... despicable media ******.

Washington post blamed the shooting on OC, claiming a call was placed reporting OC, and dispatcher told her it was legal, then the shooting. Yet the reports from the Gazette mention nothing about a MWAG phone call, just that first reports of the shooting came at 8:45am.

Hopefully someone will file a FOIA for the dispatch log to see if this lady is telling the truth, or is a mad mommy.

CSPD calling the woman an outright liar.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...lorado-springs
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 11-04-2015 at 07:59 AM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

When a person makes the choice to commit murder...there is no LAW on the books ...or in the mind of a lawmaker...that is going stop that person....but another person with a gun can.