• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

results of an Armed Citizen Halloween

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
We do a big Halloween display at our house each year. It takes about three weeks to set up and it gets a bit complicated as it goes up. This year there were a half dozen armed friends helping out with the festivities. SVG, NavyLTC, Boomboy and their respective Significant Others, and a few of their children. Weapons were abundant and very visible. A point here is the weapons were holstered at just about eye level for a great deal of the children.

Here is what I observed from the Public.
I keep a close count of the number of people who visit. With the help of Navys daughter, the count this year was 294. Not bad. Many conversations ensued about firearms. The Moms would tell me that they had been observing me "build" the Cemetery for weeks by doing daily drive bys. As I am always visibly armed, the "Oh No, He's got a Gun!!" cr@p does not enter the equation and the Hoplophobes just do not come back. Those who do come tell me they support our being armed and felt as though they were in a "safe" environment.
More than one child would ask me or the Mom if my pistol was real. I would reply that it was and the next question was "Why do you have it?" I would answer that I loved my family very much and wanted to always be able to protect them. The Moms seemed to always agree. Small seeds in growing minds. Good Guys with guns. Cool, I think we made a good impression on the Community.
View attachment 12831

HPmatt

got any videos of the graveyard? The dragons/cerberus looks very cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dario

OC'd while trick or treating with my son who was carrying an enfield across his back and a mauser bayonet on his belt (undead WW2 soldier).

I would have traded it for a chance to visit your place though!

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Others took video, I did not. I was mistaken for an animatronic on several occasions.

The best part was the reception of the Local Citizens. Very positive to an Armed environment and lots of kids learned that Good Guys carry guns too.