Thread: Delegate Kathleen Murphy conspired to move gun store to McLaine elementary school

Moderator / Administrator

Delegate Kathleen Murphy conspired to move gun store to McLaine elementary school

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-nov/?page=all

SNIP

Delegate Kathleen Murphy, McLean Democrat, wrote an email to state Sen. Barbara Favola, Arlington Democrat, seeking help in shutting down the gun store. Ms. Favola was instrumental in organizing opposition to Mr. Gates’ shop in Arlington. [As a result, the gun shop was pushed out of a commercial district in Arlington, and forced to move next to an elementary school in McLean, VA].

. . .

Break, Fairfax County Supervisor John Foust also joined Delegate Kathleen Murphy's effort to forcibly re-locate the gun store next to an elementary school for political purposes.

Both Delegate Kathleen Murphy, McLean Democrat and Fairfax County Supervisor John Foust ought to have their heads examined, and oh by the way, to be voted out of office.

As absurd as it sounds, I'd have them arrested and slapped with RICO violations. There's no difference between what they did and the tactics of other organised crime groups. It very cleanly fits the definition of racketeering.
    Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
    Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
    Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
    Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
    -Patrick Henry, Virginia Ratification Convention, June 5, 1788

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeSchaine View Post
    As absurd as it sounds, I'd have them arrested and slapped with RICO violations. There's no difference between what they did and the tactics of other organised crime groups. It very cleanly fits the definition of racketeering.
    +1

Most of Congress, and the VA General Assembly, too.

Hoist 'em by their own petard!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.