• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Congrats Virginia on Defeating Bloomberg

utbagpiper

Banned
As reported at Breitbart this morning:

Breitbart article said:
Bloomberg, McAuliffe Fail to Win Virginia Senate With Gun-Control Pitch

Virginia Republicans look set to hold onto their Senate majority in the Old Dominion, amid aggressive campaigning by Democrat Gov. Terry McAuliffe.

It is a big defeat for McAuliffe, a close ally for Hillary Clinton, and a big defeat for New York billionaire Mike Bloomberg, who donated heavily to Democrats in the hope of winning the Virginia electoral fights on a promise of more gun-control.

Republicans beat back two serious challengers Tuesday, holding onto seats in the suburbs of Richmond and the Hampton Roads area.

In another hotly contested race, Republican Hal Parrish holds a lead over Democrat Jerry McPike. If Parrish holds onto his lead, it would represent a Republican gain, as the two are battling to replace a retiring Democrat.

Not only are the results good to hear, but I love seeing results reported in this manner. "A defeat for gun control efforts...." Nicely done.

Charles

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
"McAuliffe fails to win ...."?????????????

Last I check it was Mikey Bloomberg who dropped a total of slightly more than $2.2 on the Virginia Senate races.

And there was no better sound than his dollars being flushed down the crapper.:D

stay safe.

The Wolfhound

A loud sigh of relief

This got close to being a disaster. Just remember that Bloomie has enough money to clog the sewer pipes. Local reports suggest it was a backlash against outside money that tipped it. We will probably never know for sure. The fight continues because our enemies will NEVER stop trying to take our rights. Once we pick up the yoke to join the fight we can never stop and never more than briefly relax. They will try again.

Rusty Young Man

This got close to being a disaster. Just remember that Bloomie has enough money to clog the sewer pipes. Local reports suggest it was a backlash against outside money that tipped it. We will probably never know for sure. The fight continues because our enemies will NEVER stop trying to take our rights. Once we pick up the yoke to join the fight we can never stop and never more than briefly relax. They will try again.

Oh, c'mon. Sugar-daddy Bloomberg is a "grassroots" effort, all by himself. Along with the people he pays to do his bidding, and the paid volunteers, oh, and....:rolleyes:

Great news to hear from you Virginia folks. Keep up the good fight.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The growing voter base in Powhatan County effectively cancelled out the NOVA antis...and then some.

Lots of good people in Powhatan - expect we shall hear more from them.

va_tazdad

"McAuliffe fails to win ...."?????????????

Last I check it was Mikey Bloomberg who dropped a total of slightly more than $2.2 on the Virginia Senate races.

And there was no better sound than his dollars being flushed down the crapper.:D

stay safe.

What he said x 1000.

I LOVE IT when Yankee idiots like Bloomers lose money supporting useless and stupid ideas. ;>)

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I think it's safe to say that a focus on gun control is a losing strategy in Virginia. A different emphasis might have led to a different outcome.

utbagpiper

Banned
I think it's safe to say that a focus on gun control is a losing strategy in Virginia. A different emphasis might have led to a different outcome.

Precisely. And that is the message we want to get out loudly and clearly.

"Gun Control" is a losing strategy. Whether you are a liberal Democrat or a claimed-conservative Republican, attacking RKBA is a losing strategy.

Nationwide, Democrats learned this lesson very painfully in 1994 when they lost control of the US House of Reps for the first time in something like 40 years.

This year, gun grabbers in Virginia and Kentucky are learning that lesson. Even on the heals of media attempts to orchestrate national panic about private gun ownership by dancing in the blood of the victims of rare school mass shootings, and with massive financial backing from Bloomberg, gun control was a losing issue.

Whatever the populace may think or be manipulated into believing about illegal immigration, socialized medicine, soaking the rich, recreational drugs, or any other issue; whatever party might be generally supportable or opposed on other grounds, attacking guns is a losing message.

That doesn't mean those hostile or our RKBA won't keep trying, and even winning sometimes. They are not the least bit above lying. Here in Utah, come election season, even the most liberal of Democrats and RINO or Republicans starts every statement on guns with "I'm support the 2nd amendment....but". We have to fight the good fight to avoid such folks turning every minor crime into a felony or DVM with lifetime loss of rights. But the message is loud and clear that (at least for the time being), gun control is a losing issue in Utah politics.

That same message remains true in other States, in enough States to be true in national politics. Given typical GOP stupidity, I expect that Hillary's open calls for Australian-style gun confiscation here may be the only thing that keeps her out of the White House.

Charles

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Bloomberg, McAwful, Hussein Obama, and Hillarygard are primarily victim curators.

zoom6zoom

if you scolded a bad dog that often and that thoroughly, they'd probably mend their behavior. Sadly, Bloomie will be back with more of the same. And we'll have to work hard to spank him once more.

Shovelhead

VA and Virginians proved just barely enough of us give enough of a crap to actually get out and vote.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
We are Virginia and we VOTE.

Ride hard and shoot straight too.

Last edited: