Thread: Clone this guy!

Clone this guy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONqcBKhikfk

TV news guy explains the Second Amendment.

No indication of how many pearls were clutched or fainting couches pressed into double duty.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Does he still have a job? CBS network must be having a cow.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Founder's Club Member
    Wow! Wow! Wow! Thanks for posting!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Holy crap. I'm floored. This guy is brilliant. Several of his pieces are just... wow. Spot on. Check this one out:

Reality Check: Can Armed Citizens Stop Mass Shootings

Edit: Guy works for http://www.cbs46.com/ WGCL in Atlanta. Looks like not your average liberal news station.
    Last edited by DeSchaine; 11-04-2015 at 10:15 PM.
    Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
    Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
    Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
    Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
    -Patrick Henry, Virginia Ratification Convention, June 5, 1788

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Too bad the 2A failed to do what it was supposed to.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Good point. Well, at least there's still a fighting chance when "the system" collapses from all the violations of natural law perpetrated by government.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Good point. Well, at least there's still a fighting chance when "the system" collapses from all the violations of natural law perpetrated by government.
    The good thing is that enough people are starting to realize how horrible violating those laws are. I hope for similar jump in logic, the colonist had when they realized they owed no allegiance to their state or their king.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

State Researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    TV news guy explains the Second Amendment.
    Kind of a short form version of John Stossel. Thank you for the link.

I wonder if the naysayers have considered on where we might be in the absence of the 2nd amendment.
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

We were fighting it fine until the Feds were fighting the corruption and gangsters of the 20s and 30s then we decided to not fight the gov't when it declared certain weapons were not allowed

IF WE can gather enough support from those that still are acting like Ostriches

The good thing is that enough people are starting to realize how horrible violating those laws are. I hope for similar jump in logic, the colonist had when they realized they owed no allegiance to their state or their king.
    Maybe but it would have been so much easier if we had KEPT what we had RATHER than trying to get it back
    Remember Ben Franklin's words: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Quote Originally Posted by ArtBrownSr View Post
    We were fighting it fine until the Feds were fighting the corruption and gangsters of the 20s and 30s then we decided to not fight the gov't when it declared certain weapons were not allowed
    That surely was a horrible use of a "crisis". Of course that crisis was created in the first place by government prohibition.

I would say it goes back further than that, Lincoln created an empire were folks who used their right to throw off tyranny, were killed and so was their families and farms and etc.

IF WE can gather enough support from those that still are acting like Ostriches
    +1
    Most posters on here may know I feel the ostriches are on both major political parties.

Maybe but it would have been so much easier if we had KEPT what we had RATHER than trying to get it back
    Remember Ben Franklin's words: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    Yep, one of my favorite quotes. I go a little further with clarification. All liberty is essential and all safety is temporary.
    The founders had created a fairly anarchist society with a minarchist federal government, very limited enumerated powers. Powers many who claim to be 2A supporters are in favor of expanding to virtually everything.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    When the Founding Fathers were framing the Constitution and the BoR, WHO was the "militia"?

If memory serves me correctly, wasn't the militia actually every "able-bodied male", some as young as 14, that could shoulder and use a firearm and defend the fledgling country?

While we may not "need" a militia in that sense any more, what with the National Guard and the "standing army" we have now with our current military levels, I think the reporter is wrong in his assessment that the 2A doesn't mean an "individual right". The original militia WAS every able-bodied male and, in a few instances, some women fought alongside their men.

So I DO believe it is an "individual right" as the individual is still "the militia".
    He did cover the differences between the "national guard" and the general militia. If you read between the lines and what was actually said.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

I'm sure there could have some areas made a little more clear but in general I think that reporter did a decent job of clearing the air.
    You have to LIVE, DIE, and PAY TAXES, and pay for what you do between your LIVING and your DYING!
    An American by birth, an Alaskan by CHOICE!
    Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. Prv. 27:17

Founder's Club Member
    SNIP "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    I think the reason Franklin's words penetrate so well is because rights are safety.
    Last edited by Citizen; 11-07-2015 at 07:33 PM.

SNIP "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    I think the reason Franklin's words penetrate so well is because rights are safety.
    Sir the RIGHTS are the LIBERTY !
    Dr. Franklin was speaking to those that gave up a liberty(RIGHT) to gain safety deserved neither.
    You have to LIVE, DIE, and PAY TAXES, and pay for what you do between your LIVING and your DYING!
    An American by birth, an Alaskan by CHOICE!
    Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. Prv. 27:17

We were lucky enough to have Ben Swann as a reporter here in Cincinnati on the Fox affiliate. His reporting here was spot on in that same manner. He works in a bigger market now, good for him!

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    When the Founding Fathers were framing the Constitution and the BoR, WHO was the "militia"?

If memory serves me correctly, wasn't the militia actually every "able-bodied male", some as young as 14, that could shoulder and use a firearm and defend the fledgling country?

While we may not "need" a militia in that sense any more, what with the National Guard and the "standing army" we have now with our current military levels, I think the reporter is wrong in his assessment that the 2A doesn't mean an "individual right". The original militia WAS every able-bodied male and, in a few instances, some women fought alongside their men.

So I DO believe it is an "individual right" as the individual is still "the militia".
    The militia clause is not at all dependent upon the individual right.

If we were to say, "Schools are important to a states education, the right for people to keep and read books shall not be infringed" not even the anti's deny this type of wording means individuals would have no right to books.

The militia in the Revolutionary War were comprised of volunteer state units, with members furnishing their own guns. They were not very reliable in battle and it wasn't till late in the war that the Continental generals figured out a role they would function well at.

They were placed at the front of the lines, to fire one shot or two at the British, and then fall back. Then the British would encounter the battle-hardened Continental troops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    The militia in the Revolutionary War were comprised of volunteer state units, with members furnishing their own guns. They were not very reliable in battle and it wasn't till late in the war that the Continental generals figured out a role they would function well at.

They were placed at the front of the lines, to fire one shot or two at the British, and then fall back. Then the British would encounter the battle-hardened Continental troops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seems to me the militia acting as gorilla homeland fighters were way more effective than the government trying to emulate European style warfare.