• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Washington Bus Driver Attacks Armed Photographer for Recording Him in Public

arentol

So I read/know/have been told that the restaurants policy is no pictures/videos/recordings yet I have no expectation of privacy, did I get that right?

So between me and the government I have to show I have an expectation of the right to remain silent before I can be silent, I have to show an expectation of religious freedom to be religious, I have to show the government I have an expectation of not being required to house troops before I can refuse to house troops. did I also get that right?
Yes, you got that right. All the restaurant can do, policy or no policy, is demand that the person making the recording leave. They can't seize the recording or the recording device,and they can't stop the person from continuing to record as long as the person is leaving in an expedient manner.

When it comes to photography and videography chances are that if you can get to a location unhindered then you can legally record what is there or can be seen from there. There are exceptions, but most of them are fairly obvious like the stalls in public bathrooms.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk