Thread: Anti-Gunners calling for Obama to declare Marshall Law!

Anti-Gunners calling for Obama to declare Marshall Law!

It you consider yourself a pro-gun activist then you should be on the anti-gun activists' email list. Lately, they have been agitating shocking ideas that are very extreme (not to mention foreboding) as examples of the ends that they are willing to go to in their effort to achieve so-called common sense 'solutions'.

Now they are advocating the following:

"THE ONLY WAY FOR THE GUN VIOLENCE EPIDEMIC TO BE HALTED IS FOR PRESIDENT OBAMA TO DECLARE A STATE OF EMERGENCY. Then he can issue the unrestrained executive orders needed to halt it—executive orders he cannot issue without declaring a state of emergency." - Elliot Fineman - National Gun Victims Action Council, November 8, 2015

Read on:

THE FAIRY TALE OF A CONGRESSIONAL SOLUTION TO THE GUN VIOLENCE EPIDEMIC AND WHY THE ONLY WAY TO HALT IT IS BY OBAMA DECLARING A STATE OF EMERGENCY

Nov 08, 2015 11:53 pm | admin

by Elliot Fineman
    CEO National Gun Victims Action Council
    November 8, 2015

Once again all the gun violence prevention groups are certain that now—since the school shooting in Umpqua—we have reached a tipping point. Enough is enough they say—and this time it is different. But, this is exactly what they said after Columbine, and after Virginia Tech, and after Tucson, and after Sandy Hook and after Aurora—and it never was different. Why?

Problem is Structural

CHANGE THAT WOULD HALT THE GUN VIOLENCE EPIDEMIC IS NOT POSSIBLE AT THE FEDERAL LEVEL. NOR CAN IT BE HALTED AT THE STATE LEVEL.
    (Imagine seatbelts being mandated in a few states as a solution for safe driving compared to it being a national policy, or DUI laws in a few states as opposed to there being federal laws.)

To understand why we cannot get change at the federal level, it is helpful to look at a simplified model of the United States. Imagine the country consisted of only two states California and Wyoming. And further, imagine that all of the 38 million people in California wanted sane gun laws and all the 1 million people in Wyoming wanted no gun laws.

One could say that 38 million of the 39 million people in the country (97.4%) wanted sane gun laws. But to get them would require three senators to support them. The two senators from California certainly would but both senators from Wyoming would not. Despite virtually the whole two-state country wanting sane gun laws they could not be passed. THE PROBLEM IS STRUCTURAL.

After the horror of Sandy Hook—and despite everyone saying this would be a tipping point—universal background checks could not be passed in the Senate. There were 17 states where both senators voted against the bill (see link http://gunvictimsaction.org/states-against-bg-checks/

These states are pro-gun to the core and their elected senators will never vote for any sane gun law.

And, if by some miracle every senator in the 33 remaining states voted for a sane gun law there is not a chance that the irrational House of Representatives—controlled by legislators from highly pro-gun states—would pass it.

All the renewed enthusiasm, optimism and positive expectation from our side is not based on reason—it is a fantasy—a fairy tale. There is no way the gun violence epidemic can be halted—let alone a single sane gun law passed— by congressional action.

THE ONLY WAY FOR THE GUN VIOLENCE EPIDEMIC TO BE HALTED IS FOR PRESIDENT OBAMA TO DECLARE A STATE OF EMERGENCY. Then he can issue the unrestrained executive orders needed to halt it—executive orders he cannot issue without declaring a state of emergency.

To stop the gun violence epidemic it is essential you get friends, family, people in your world to sign the petition Change.org Petition for State of Emergency. If Obama does not act we will all be helpless spectators—and potential victims—of the gun violence epidemic.

The post THE FAIRY TALE OF A CONGRESSIONAL SOLUTION TO THE GUN VIOLENCE EPIDEMIC AND WHY THE ONLY WAY TO HALT IT IS BY OBAMA DECLARING A STATE OF EMERGENCY appeared first on National Gun Victims Action Council.

A couple of things both positive and down-right disturbing that I take away from this article:

1) ;-) Freedom is winning!
    2) ;-) Anti-gun activists are losing and they are conceding that they cannot win at either the federal or state level.
    3) :-( These very people are willing to trash the Constitution, if necessary, to get their way via a presidential self-declared state of emergency (i.e. Marshall law). They believe that the president can and should declare himself a de-facto dictator!

http://tinyurl.com/qdsbjss

Read another disturbing National Gun Victims Action Council press release here:

http://tinyurl.com/nh5dur6
    Last edited by OC4me; 11-09-2015 at 11:38 AM.

Banned
    One could say that 38 million of the 39 million people in the country (97.4%) wanted sane gun laws. from OP post #1

I don't want sane gun laws. meh.

Maybe this is an old letter ... 39 million people in this country? Letter from 1865?

http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h980.html

I doubt Obama declaring Marshall Law would help it was just a a horrible movie.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/marshal_law/
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

User 28592 Marshaul for tyrant!
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Regular Member Have Gun - Will Carry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    One could say that 38 million of the 39 million people in the country (97.4%) wanted sane gun laws. from OP post #1

I don't want sane gun laws. meh.

Maybe this is an old letter ... 39 million people in this country? Letter from 1865?

http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h980.html
    Maybe if you'd actually read the OP before commenting, you would understand it...
    “There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other.” - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Experience? Experience means political success, which means (today) Democrat or Republican. And it is precisely these professional politicians who have become corrupt and unrepresentative of the American people.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Have Gun - Will Carry View Post
    Maybe if you'd actually read the OP before commenting, you would understand it...
    Some might say that doesn't fit the agenda.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Have Gun - Will Carry View Post
    Complete drivel it was...

State Researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by gun grabbers' email quoted by OC4me View Post
    To understand why we cannot get change at the federal level, it is helpful to look at a simplified model of the United States. Imagine the country consisted of only two states California and Wyoming. And further, imagine that all of the 38 million people in California wanted sane gun laws and all the 1 million people in Wyoming wanted no gun laws.

One could say that 38 million of the 39 million people in the country (97.4%) wanted sane gun laws. But to get them would require three senators to support them. The two senators from California certainly would but both senators from Wyoming would not. Despite virtually the whole two-state country wanting sane gun laws they could not be passed. THE PROBLEM IS STRUCTURAL.
    Thank heaven for the non-democratic mechanisms in our federal constitution like each State having equal representation in the Senate. There is no reason that urban centers should be enabled to trample on the rights of the entire nation.

Of course, what the gun grabbers don't quite concede here, is that even in many democrat-safe States, Senators and Representatives alike fear a repeat of the 1994 congressional elections. Blue-collar, blue-dog, democrat-leaning union members generally don't react well to having their RKBA attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by OC4me View Post
    A couple of things both positive and down-right disturbing that I take away from this article:

1) ;-) Freedom is winning!
    2) ;-) Anti-gun activists are losing and they are conceding that they cannot win at either the federal or state level.
    3) :-( These very people are willing to trash the Constitution, if necessary, to get their way via a presidential self-declared state of emergency (i.e. Marshall law). They believe that the president can and should declare himself a de-facto dictator!
    +1.

No surprise that those who are so hostile to our rights as to ignore the black letter language of the 2nd amendment and a couple of SCOTUS decisions, would be more than happy to shred the rest of the constitution as well.

But the message is mostly positive in that they are more or less accepting defeat at both the State and federal level, both legislatively and judicially. Furthermore, even among those who might generally dislike private gun ownership, or favor more restrictions on ownership, there are still a fair number who know well enough to know that unlimited government/presidential power is not in their long term interest. They may have a nice liberal loon in the White House today. But tomorrow could bring another Nixon, Reagan, W Bush, etc.

On RKBA, at least, the nation seems to be headed--however slowly--steadily in the correct direction.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

I am forced to wonder just what the hell is in the crack that these people seem to be smoking.

Firstly, the National Emergencies Act totally obliterates their end reasoning. Even the amended Insurrection Act doesn't allow for an end run around congress.

And this???? Good God! These people scare the hell out of me.
    Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
    Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
    Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
    Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
    -Patrick Henry, Virginia Ratification Convention, June 5, 1788

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Complete drivel it was...
    Oh, I agree fully! But that doesn't change the fact that you would have understood where those numbers came from had you read it before commenting...
    “There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other.” - John Adams

Experience? Experience means political success, which means (today) Democrat or Republican. And it is precisely these professional politicians who have become corrupt and unrepresentative of the American people.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Some might say that doesn't fit the agenda.
    My thoughts exactly...

So, please show where in the constitution that allows for the suspension of the constitution for any reason.

Where is "marshall law" ever allowed for constitutionally?

Since when was the union of nations (states) supposed to be a democracy?

The letter/article/plan proposing the stripping of our rights is more reason for me to believe that the GP (general population) is a large group of idiots.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Where is "marshall law" ever allowed for constitutionally?
    It's not even mentioned in the Missouri Revised Statutes. Not once.

Quote Originally Posted by Griz View Post
    It's not even mentioned in the Missouri Revised Statutes. Not once.
    The RKBA is not specifically excluded/protected from this - not even for personal defense. As I read it, you could be disarmed in an "Emergency."
    http://www.moga.mo.gov/mostatutes/st...400000321.HTML
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

The RKBA is not specifically excluded/protected from this - not even for personal defense. As I read it, you could be disarmed in an "Emergency."
    Uh...

Firearms and ammunition, state of emergency, no restrictions permitted.

44.101. The state, any political subdivision, or any person shall not prohibit or restrict the lawful possession, transfer, sale, transportation, storage, display, or use of firearms or ammunition during an emergency.

http://moga.mo.gov/mostatutes/statht...l?&me=firearms
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Uh...

Firearms and ammunition, state of emergency, no restrictions permitted.

44.101. The state, any political subdivision, or any person shall not prohibit or restrict the lawful possession, transfer, sale, transportation, storage, display, or use of firearms or ammunition during an emergency.

http://moga.mo.gov/mostatutes/statht...l?&me=firearms
    Whoops - thanks for the correction.

Be careful what you wish for...
    Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

"Marshall": a name
    "Marshal": a law enforcement occupation
    "Martial": of or pertaining to the military

"Martial law": military rule over civil affairs, including law enforcement, and trials by military authorities
    Last edited by KBCraig; 11-13-2015 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    "Marshall": a name
    "Marshal": a law enforcement occupation
    "Martial": of or pertaining to the military

"Martial law": military rule over civil affairs, including law enforcement, and trials by military authorities
    Marshaul User 28592
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Marshaul User 28592
    Just call him "planet-mover."
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Florida also recently passed a law that prohibits any such restrictions in an emergency. Specifically, 790.01 Unlicensed carrying of concealed weapons or concealed firearms, when it's permitted, even without a permit.

Heck, even uber-liberal Hawaii has such a law on their books, as do most states.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Marshall plan, martial law - not marital either....

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

I thought OP said marital law...thank goodness the lockbox was not used...

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

I think he meant what he said, the law according to Thurgood Marshall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk