Thread: New to SW Kentucky, and open carry!

New to SW Kentucky, and open carry!

Hey Folks,
    MoMan here! I am new to Kentucky and open carry. I retired and moved to SW Kentucky a couple of months ago. I am going to head over to the LBL, Golden Pond range tomorrow to send a few rounds downrange. I just purchased a couple of new guns and want to run them through their paces.
    I see there are few others here from my area, perhaps we can schedule a meet and greet sometime at the range. Just a chance for like minded folks to get together and not only shoot our guns, but also to shoot the breeze a bit.

I didn't see anywhere else to post this as I couldn't find an introduction forum.

If this should be posted somewhere else, mods please move!

Thanks!

MO

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MoMan View Post
    Hey Folks,
    MoMan here! I am new to Kentucky and open carry. I retired and moved to SW Kentucky a couple of months ago. I am going to head over to the LBL, Golden Pond range tomorrow to send a few rounds downrange. I just purchased a couple of new guns and want to run them through their paces.
    I see there are few others here from my area, perhaps we can schedule a meet and greet sometime at the range. Just a chance for like minded folks to get together and not only shoot our guns, but also to shoot the breeze a bit.

I didn't see anywhere else to post this as I couldn't find an introduction forum.

Thanks!

MO
    Welcome to OCDO, MoMan. Intro here is fine.

Insofar as a meet n' greet at the range, build it and they will come - pick a time and date, post it.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MoMan View Post
    Hey Folks,

Thanks!

MO
    Man, are you aware that KY just elected a republican governor? A Tea Party favorite no less......

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Welcome to OCDO, MoMan. Intro here is fine.

Insofar as a meet n' greet at the range, build it and they will come - pick a time and date, post it.
    Grapeshot, Thanks for the welcome. I think I will post up here when I am going again, and see if anyone shows up. Thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    Man, are you aware that KY just elected a republican governor? A Tea Party favorite no less......
    YEP! I'm pretty happy about that! I moved down from Western NY, believe me when I say; Kentucky does not want any of what's going on up there! That state is so broken it is ridiculous! Then they threw the crazy new gun laws on top of everything else. We made the decision to leave NY when I was talking about retiring. It is the best decision we ever made. I can sit down with someone and really let them know how bad it is up there.

I'm looking forward to spending time on the site, and getting to know like minded folks!

MO

Welcome to OCDO and the Kentucky sub forum.
    Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    MoMan, I have to give you a warning. There is this guy that lives in KY who posts on here all the time and his handle is gutshot. You have to keep an eye on this guy. He has a horrid reputation of telling the truth and filling peoples heads with what their rights are under the constitution. By the why, it's a requirement you read everything he writes. It's a unwritten forum rule.

Welcome, there is a lot that you can learn here.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    MoMan, I have to give you a warning. There is this guy that lives in KY who posts on here all the time and his handle is gutshot. You have to keep an eye on this guy. He has a horrid reputation of telling the truth and filling peoples heads with what their rights are under the constitution. By the why, it's a requirement you read everything he writes. It's a unwritten forum rule.

Welcome, there is a lot that you can learn here.
    The truth be told!
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Thanks guys!
    I will have to look up some of gutshot's posts and check them out.

Thanks for the heads-up.

MO

Congratulations on moving out of New York State and welcome to Kentucky!
    I am not a lawyer, I study the history of gun control laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest View Post
    Congratulations on moving out of New York State and welcome to Kentucky!
    Thanks for the welcome. Leaving NY was a no-brainer. It is really bad up there, and getting worse all the time. I belong to a NY gun site, and check in every day, it is not getting any better.
    Last edited by MoMan; 11-12-2015 at 09:17 PM.