Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 13 yr old Defends Self and House from Armed Robbers

13 yr old Defends Self and House from Armed Robbers

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/304...pected-burglar

Hot damn! Kids a good shot. Saved the taxpayers the money of a trial and lockup.

Seriously though, I hope his mom hammers into him that he did everything right and that he shouldn't feel bad about the end result.
    Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
    Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
    Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
    Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
    -Patrick Henry, Virginia Ratification Convention, June 5, 1788

Quote Originally Posted by DeSchaine View Post
    http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/304...pected-burglar

Hot damn! Kids a good shot. Saved the taxpayers the money of a trial and lockup.

Seriously though, I hope his mom hammers into him that he did everything right and that he shouldn't feel bad about the end result.
    It won't be his mom she has already expressed gratitude or him defending himself.

If I was a gambling man, I'd say it would be the "(only) Black Lives Matter" or anti-gun movements who would try to make the repeat criminals into "victims" and would vilify the child (who is ACTUALLY a child, not a hulking, muscular male who is chronologically in his teens).
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    It won't be his mom she has already expressed gratitude or him defending himself.

If I was a gambling man, I'd say it would be the "(only) Black Lives Matter" or anti-gun movements who would try to make the repeat criminals into "victims" and would vilify the child (who is ACTUALLY a child, not a hulking, muscular male who is chronologically in his teens).
    Naw, they'll blame the mom for allowing her kid access to a firearm.

<sarcasm>After all, if she had locked it up properly, this would never have happened! </ sarcasm>

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

What was his training? How is this possible if he had none? I am betting he did not have hours, upon hours of tactikewl training, yet still was able to defend himself. Hope he recovers from whatever PTSD he may have.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    Think they'll charge the 2nd burglar with murder?

No one here will say anything negative concerning the teenager's actions I think.

Good for him for doing what he had to do to protect himself. He saved the taxpayers a boatload of money.

BUT, we all know the thugs family will file a civil suit against his Mother. Ridiculous as it seems, I can see it coming.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    What was his training? How is this possible if he had none? I am betting he did not have hours, upon hours of tactikewl training, yet still was able to defend himself. Hope he recovers from whatever PTSD he may have.
    Call of Duty 15 (or whatever they're on now)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    The young man first shot through the door and then fired several more times at the fleeing vehicle - glad I wasn't the one to have done that.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Ryan Frederick is still incarcerated as a felon in Virginia for doing exactly the same thing this brave young man did.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Ryan Frederick is still incarcerated as a felon in Virginia for doing exactly the same thing this brave young man did.
    Don't see the cases as being exactly the same at all. Fredrick did not chase after the officer's vehicle.
    http://www.pilotonline.com/news/loca...b25f25d1d.html
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Don't see the cases as being exactly the same at all. Fredrick did not chase after the officer's vehicle.
    Please do not change the subject by expanding to the entire case. It is too obvious Marshaul is talking about firing through the door.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

OK, so Ryan Frederick didn't even go so far as this young man in defending his home. And yet when the police behave exactly as criminals do we instead treat innocent homeowners, like Ryan, as criminals for defending their homes.
    Last edited by marshaul; 11-11-2015 at 10:59 PM.

What I find amazing is the police elicited a CI to commit a crime, burglary, and the search warrant was based on the crime. If I had been on the jury it would have been a hung jury. The judge who issued the warrant based on evidence obtained by a illegal search by an informant during a burglary should be the one in prison, along with any officers involved.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Originally Posted by Grapeshot
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Please do not change the subject by expanding to the entire case. It is too obvious Marshaul is talking about firing through the door.
    The operative word was "exactly," but you know that.

I'm not expanding anything - the only similarity is that someone shot someone else through a door.

Nothing else is remotely close. We can't let facts get in the way.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post

+1
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

The operative word was "exactly," but you know that.

I'm not expanding anything - the only similarity is that someone shot someone else through a door.
    So, shooting through a door is no longer exactly the same as shooting through a door?

The pedantry is getting hard to navigate.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    So, shooting through a door is no longer exactly the same as shooting through a door?

The pedantry is getting hard to navigate.
    Bad guys breaking into the house versus the cops breaking into the house are not exactly the same. Even when the cops had no business breaking into the house.

At some point the courts must stop allowing cops a pass on relying on a criminal informants. Everything is a double standard.

In Ohio the castle doctrine makes it clear your front porch is your home if it has a roof over it. In other words, you can shoot through the door. No roof, you had better wait for them to break in.

Ryan Frederick should have been found not guilty......I have said it a number of times, any cop who participates in a no-knock warrant is an idiot and does not value his own life.

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    Bad guys breaking into the house versus the cops breaking into the house are not exactly the same. Even when the cops had no business breaking into the house.

At some point the courts must stop allowing cops a pass on relying on a criminal informants. Everything is a double standard.

In Ohio the castle doctrine makes it clear your front porch is your home if it has a roof over it. In other words, you can shoot through the door. No roof, you had better wait for them to break in.

Ryan Frederick should have been found not guilty......I have said it a number of times, any cop who participates in a no-knock warrant is an idiot and does not value his own life.
    They didn't just rely on a criminal, they instigated the criminal committing a felony. Everyone involved should have charged with the officer's death.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Yeah, they really are the same. The only thing that matters is what a reasonable person would do when faced with the available information. A reasonable person does not have psychic powers and cannot determine magically whether the person breaking down his door is doing so under color of law.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Defense lawyers argued that Frederick shot in self-defense after he was awakened and thought burglars were breaking through his front door. http://www.pilotonline.com/news/loca...b25f25d1d.html

Guy shot someone on his land? Not guilty. I need not hear too much more.

Banned
    Yeah, they really are the same. The only thing that matters is what a reasonable person would do when faced with the available information. A reasonable person does not have psychic powers and cannot determine magically whether the person breaking down his door is doing so under color of law.
    I think a reasonable person may do several things ... including shooting the person behind the door who is on his property. For many reasons.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    You are taking what I said out of context. I then said: "Even when the cops had no business breaking into the house." In effect making the first sentence a sarcastic statement. Then I went on to say: "At some point the courts must stop allowing cops a pass on relying on a criminal informants. Everything is a double standard."

I think I made my point clear.

Are smiley faces now the proper form of punctuation?????

Banned
    <snip>

Are smiley faces now the proper form of punctuation?????
    NO

http://www.slate.com/articles/techno..._in_court.html

^^ at least from this court's viewpoint

Don't see the cases as being exactly the same at all. Fredrick did not chase after the officer's vehicle. ...
    Escape clause?

Thug shot and killed...good job son.

Cop shot and killed...10 years for you.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Both those sentences they were thugs.
    A cop can never be called a thug...a cop can be called unprofessional, lethally so.

A cop can be called unreasonably unprofessional, lethally so.

A cop can be called egregiously unreasonably unprofessional, lethally so.

But a cop can never be called a thug...there is, I think, a rule about this here on OCDO...somewhere.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast