• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

13 yr old Defends Self and House from Armed Robbers

Rusty Young Man

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/30...r-13-year-old-opens-fire-at-suspected-burglar

Hot damn! Kids a good shot. Saved the taxpayers the money of a trial and lockup.

Seriously though, I hope his mom hammers into him that he did everything right and that he shouldn't feel bad about the end result.

It won't be his mom she has already expressed gratitude or him defending himself.

If I was a gambling man, I'd say it would be the "(only) Black Lives Matter" or anti-gun movements who would try to make the repeat criminals into "victims" and would vilify the child (who is ACTUALLY a child, not a hulking, muscular male who is chronologically in his teens).

b0neZ

It won't be his mom she has already expressed gratitude or him defending himself.

If I was a gambling man, I'd say it would be the "(only) Black Lives Matter" or anti-gun movements who would try to make the repeat criminals into "victims" and would vilify the child (who is ACTUALLY a child, not a hulking, muscular male who is chronologically in his teens).
Naw, they'll blame the mom for allowing her kid access to a firearm.

<sarcasm>After all, if she had locked it up properly, this would never have happened! </ sarcasm>

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

WalkingWolf

What was his training? How is this possible if he had none? I am betting he did not have hours, upon hours of tactikewl training, yet still was able to defend himself. Hope he recovers from whatever PTSD he may have.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Think they'll charge the 2nd burglar with murder?

No one here will say anything negative concerning the teenager's actions I think.

MoMan

Good for him for doing what he had to do to protect himself. He saved the taxpayers a boatload of money.

BUT, we all know the thugs family will file a civil suit against his Mother. Ridiculous as it seems, I can see it coming. :banghead:

davidmcbeth

Banned
What was his training? How is this possible if he had none? I am betting he did not have hours, upon hours of tactikewl training, yet still was able to defend himself. Hope he recovers from whatever PTSD he may have.

Call of Duty 15 (or whatever they're on now)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The young man first shot through the door and then fired several more times at the fleeing vehicle - glad I wasn't the one to have done that.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
OK, so Ryan Frederick didn't even go so far as this young man in defending his home. And yet when the police behave exactly as criminals do we instead treat innocent homeowners, like Ryan, as criminals for defending their homes.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

What I find amazing is the police elicited a CI to commit a crime, burglary, and the search warrant was based on the crime. If I had been on the jury it would have been a hung jury. The judge who issued the warrant based on evidence obtained by a illegal search by an informant during a burglary should be the one in prison, along with any officers involved.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Grapeshot
Don't see the cases as being exactly the same at all. Fredrick did not chase after the officer's vehicle.
http://www.pilotonline.com/news/loca...b25f25d1d.html

Please do not change the subject by expanding to the entire case. It is too obvious Marshaul is talking about firing through the door.
The operative word was "exactly," but you know that.

I'm not expanding anything - the only similarity is that someone shot someone else through a door.

Nothing else is remotely close. We can't let facts get in the way.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
The operative word was "exactly," but you know that.

I'm not expanding anything - the only similarity is that someone shot someone else through a door.

So, shooting through a door is no longer exactly the same as shooting through a door?

The pedantry is getting hard to navigate.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
So, shooting through a door is no longer exactly the same as shooting through a door?

The pedantry is getting hard to navigate.

Bad guys breaking into the house versus the cops breaking into the house are not exactly the same. Even when the cops had no business breaking into the house.

At some point the courts must stop allowing cops a pass on relying on a criminal informants. Everything is a double standard.

In Ohio the castle doctrine makes it clear your front porch is your home if it has a roof over it. In other words, you can shoot through the door. No roof, you had better wait for them to break in.

Ryan Frederick should have been found not guilty......I have said it a number of times, any cop who participates in a no-knock warrant is an idiot and does not value his own life.

WalkingWolf

Bad guys breaking into the house versus the cops breaking into the house are not exactly the same. Even when the cops had no business breaking into the house.

At some point the courts must stop allowing cops a pass on relying on a criminal informants. Everything is a double standard.

In Ohio the castle doctrine makes it clear your front porch is your home if it has a roof over it. In other words, you can shoot through the door. No roof, you had better wait for them to break in.

Ryan Frederick should have been found not guilty......I have said it a number of times, any cop who participates in a no-knock warrant is an idiot and does not value his own life.

They didn't just rely on a criminal, they instigated the criminal committing a felony. Everyone involved should have charged with the officer's death.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

Yeah, they really are the same. The only thing that matters is what a reasonable person would do when faced with the available information. A reasonable person does not have psychic powers and cannot determine magically whether the person breaking down his door is doing so under color of law.

davidmcbeth

Banned