Thread: Colorado Springs Councilman calls for OC Ban

Colorado Springs Councilman calls for OC Ban

http://www.krdo.com/news/springs-cou...y-ban/36388144

Councilman Bill Murray
    (719) 385-5485
    bmurray@springsgov.com

Clearly he doesn't know (or doesn't care) that COS can't ban OC without amending the state constitution.

ETA: bio here - https://coloradosprings.gov/governme...e-term-2015-19

For career military you'd think he knows better
    Last edited by RockyMtnScotsman; 11-11-2015 at 02:34 PM.

KOAA article has better info, including the fact that the group "moms demand action" is behind this - no surprise

http://www.koaa.com/story/30488216/m...open-carry-ban

Regular Member Have Gun - Will Carry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linked article
    http://www.krdo.com/news/springs-cou...y-ban/36388144

"Councilman Bill Murray calls open carry 'a privilege not a right.' But will Murray's colleagues agree to make changes?"
    Oh, really? Then he won't mind if his 'privilege' of free speech is infringed upon, will he? Or his privilege to remain free from unreasonable searches and seizures? I'm sure he'd be perfectly happy if the shoe were on the other foot!

Wait a second... now I see the problem. His name is Bill Murray, so he must fancy himself a comedian!

Well I, for one, am not laughing...
    “There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other.” - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Experience? Experience means political success, which means (today) Democrat or Republican. And it is precisely these professional politicians who have become corrupt and unrepresentative of the American people.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtnScotsman View Post
    ...career military you'd think he knows better
    On the contrary, they often don't know any better. They've spent their life without most Constitutional freedoms (having signed them away) and taking freedoms from others. It's normal to them, which is sad.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Open carry is the constitutional right to keep and bear arms in defense of one's person in Colorado ( except in Denver of course ).

You need a permit to conceal.....in Colorado. THAT is a privilege.

This Bill Murray character seems to have a problem with the Colorado Constitution...like most of the progressive ilk.
    "Extremism ALWAYS brings about its own destruction " ( Sir Edmund Burke)

Jim Sherwood

It's time also to ban all outwardly displayed slogans. These cause disruption and offenses (think of the children.) Your shirt can only have a slogan on it if worn underneath other clothing. And then since you are having a slogan, but hiding it, your intentions are unknown, and so that should require a permit after a background check to make sure you haven't previously been known to abuse your privilege of free speech.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    The man is delusional and clearly incapable of reading plain English. I suggest he be removed from his position by reason of mental defect. Shall not be infringed means just that. Anything else is illegal, void and may not be enforced.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

I just don't understand the thought process that not seeing something means it does not exist. I for one WANT to know who is armed around me and mine. I know even that is not possible 100 %, anywhere, any time. Him being retired military and feeling/thinking this way is disconcerting to me because I have often wondered what the average soldier would do if ordered to bring arms against his fellow countrymen on U.S. soil. I know the national guard has been deployed in this manner before, but really, with no state having its own militia today what is our defense?

Anyway, opposition to this man needs to be loud and swift. Colorado did it before, now you have a new enemy. Go kick his sorry butt out of office.