• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brazil Seeks to Copy U.S. Gun Culture

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Brazil Seeks to Copy U.S. Gun Culture

"Congressmen in Brazil, one of the most violent countries in the world, are proposing to dramatically loosen restrictions on personal gun ownership, bringing the country much closer to the American right to bear arms."

"After a disarmament law was passed in 2003 introduced many of the current restrictions, about half a million weapons have been sold and 170,000 gun permits issued."

"The bill also reduces the minimum age for the purchase of weapons from 25 to 21, removes a ban on those under criminal investigation owning or carrying weapons and allows citizens to buy nine guns and 600 rounds of ammunition a year."

http://time.com/4108421/brazil-u-s-gun-culture/?xid=time_socialflow_twitter

I don't know that this would bring Brazil "much closer to the American right to bear arms," but it is a significant step in the right direction.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Biased and stupid media alert!

Preserving the RIGHT to keep and bear arms does not equal "gun culture". :banghead: