• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ccdw

mike slack

Question about concealment license:

I have a concealment license. Can I still open carry in Kentucky?

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Question about concealment license:

I have a concealment license. Can I still open carry in Kentucky?
The perfect place to put this question, which has already been capably answered (except you, Mr. Slack, ought to know it's called a CDWL, but I digress), is in the KY forum here at OCDO (Open Carry Dot Org).

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The perfect place to put this question, which has already been capably answered (except you, Mr. Slack, ought to know it's called a CDWL, but I digress), is in the KY forum here at OCDO (Open Carry Dot Org).
That's interesting because even the Kentucky State Police call it a CCDW.
http://kentuckystatepolice.org/ccdw/qualifications.html

Did move the thread to the KY forum - missed that earlier.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
That's interesting because even the Kentucky State Police call it a CCDW.
http://kentuckystatepolice.org/ccdw/qualifications.html

Yeah, various Ohio agencies do the same sort of thing with our license.

Here's a sample KY CDWL: http://www.usacarry.com/kentucky_concealed_carry_permit_information.html

Here's what I believe is an accurate list of the DW covered:

Any weapon from which a shot, readily capable of producing death or serious physical injury, may be discharged.

· Any knife other than an ordinary pocket knife or hunting knife.
· Billy, nightstick, or club.
· Blackjack or slapjack.
· Nunchaku karate sticks.
· Shiriken or death star.
· Artificial knuckles made from plastic, or other similar hard material.

from http://bullitt.kysheriff.org/?page_id=41

I'm a death star man myself! ;-)

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
...If you were carrying concealed and encountered a legitimate "No Concealed Weapons Allowed" sign. You could just remove your jacket or otherwise uncover you weapons and continue on past the sign.
To the OP:

Being mindful of the fact that you may be asked to leave private premises for doing so, and if you refuse, cited. (I don't know the particulars beyond that, however)

Then of course there are the statutory off-limits places, which I'm still working on retaining.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
If you have a driver's license, are you still allowed to be a passenger?

docd

I got my CCDW a short time back and when picking up my license I just happened to grab a pamphlet from the Jefferson county sheriff's office about Conceal Carry. In it it states where you are not allowed to conceal carry and one of those places listed is churches. It appears to be almost a cut and paste from the KSP website except for the on one paragraph.

I've looked and I can't find anything about churches in the KRS. I thought churches are just like any other business. Am I missing something or is the pamphlet incorrect?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449355899.055919.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I got my CCDW a short time back and when picking up my license I just happened to grab a pamphlet from the Jefferson county sheriff's office about Conceal Carry. In it it states where you are not allowed to conceal carry and one of those places listed is churches. It appears to be almost a cut and paste from the KSP website except for the on one paragraph.

I've looked and I can't find anything about churches in the KRS. I thought churches are just like any other business. Am I missing something or is the pamphlet incorrect?

View attachment 12882
No such restriction - even the antis agree on that.

Kentucky has no statutes prohibiting firearms in:
• Hospitals;
• Places of worship;
• Sports arenas;
• Gambling facilities; or
• Polling places.

http://smartgunlaws.org/other-location-restrictions-in-kentucky/

Last edited: