Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    http://www.vox.com/world/2015/11/14/...e-of-emergency

1) no free speech
    2) no warrants needed
    3) Gun confiscation
    Sounds just like America.
    "I'm just a no-account screed-peddler" Dave Workman http://goo.gl/CNf6pB

"We ought to extend the [1994] assault weapons ban" George W Bush

"The Bush Administration declared a permanent ban today on almost all foreign-made semiautomatic assault rifles." George Bush Sr, New York Times on July 8, 1989

"I support the Brady bill and I urge the Congress to enact it without delay." Ronald Regan.

"Guns are an abomination." Richard Nixon

1958 Constitution of The Fifth Republic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post
    Sounds just like America.
    Except that Article 16 of the most recent 1958 Constitution (truly a living breathing document in la Belle France) legitimizes extraordinary powers of the President, and Article 36 provides regulation of "state of siege" (état de siège) by transferring powers from the civil authorities to the military.

How many Constitutions has France had, how many governments? The common name for the Constitution of 1958 is The Constitution of The Fifth Republic and it replaces the Constitution of The Fourth Republic of 1946. The Constitution of 1958 has been amended eighteen times.

Think on this when fools cry for a US Constitutional Convention.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 11-15-2015 at 06:21 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

What does a ‘state of emergency’ mean in France? France24.com TV VIDEO

... 3) Gun confiscation
    The word gun does not occur in the cited article URL. Indeed, struggling with my least favored Romance language, I have not found yet a paragraph authorizing "gun confisgations[sic]."

Confisgation[sic] is a really lame eggcorn, but to be expected here and from that user.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 11-15-2015 at 06:36 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    The word gun does not occur in the cited article URL. Indeed, struggling with my least favored Romance language, I have not found yet a paragraph authorizing "gun confisgations[sic]."

Confisgation[sic] is a really lame eggcorn, but to be expected here and from that user.
    confiscate weapons, is in the linked article .... have an issue between "gun" and "weapon" .. because "weapon" would include guns.

Nightmare loses cred on this post. Appears to be simply a personal attack.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 11-15-2015 at 08:40 AM.

Banned
    <snip>

Of course any laws passed that infringe upon a natural right are void upon passage.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Except that Article 16 of the most recent 1958 Constitution (truly a living breathing document in la Belle France) legitimizes extraordinary powers of the President, and Article 36 provides regulation of "state of siege" (état de siège) by transferring powers from the civil authorities to the military.

How many Constitutions has France had, how many governments? The common name for the Constitution of 1958 is The Constitution of The Fifth Republic and it replaces the Constitution of The Fourth Republic of 1946. The Constitution of 1958 has been amended eighteen times.

+1

The founders, at least some of them, intended that the constitution be able to be modified by future generations in certain ways for certain reasons, but this country is without a doubt not in a state where that responsibility would be understood or done correctly. A constitutional convention wouldn't result in the constitution being modified for good, that is practically certain.

Of course any laws passed that infringe upon a natural right are void upon passage.
    Unfortunately there's no magic stopping void laws from being enforced. Hell, the enforcers regularly step outside of their legal confines today, they surely wouldn't self-regulate to avoid using void laws.
    Advocate freedom please

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    <snip>

Unfortunately there's no magic stopping void laws from being enforced. Hell, the enforcers regularly step outside of their legal confines today, they surely wouldn't self-regulate to avoid using void laws.
    That's correct .... but people have been brainwashed into thinking that the constitution confers rights ~ even with pro-gunners. I would think if the constitution was modified to eliminate the 2nd amendment 99% of the sheep would just go alone with it.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    That's correct .... but people have been brainwashed into thinking that the constitution confers rights ~ even with pro-gunners. I would think if the constitution was modified to eliminate the 2nd amendment 99% of the sheep would just go alone with it.
    Unfortunately you're absolutely right. I mean, I don't think it's exactly 99%, but I get what you mean, and probably all of us here have seen it first hand, the pro-gun, anti-liberty folk who decry rights and fall over themselves chasing state privilege.
    Advocate freedom please

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Unfortunately you're absolutely right. I mean, I don't think it's exactly 99%, but I get what you mean, and probably all of us here have seen it first hand, the pro-gun, anti-liberty folk who decry rights and fall over themselves chasing state privilege.
    Maybe 97% LOL. And 1-3% might be enough to restore our freedoms.