• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

France doesn't recognize natural rights - gun confisgations etc

davidmcbeth

Banned
The word gun does not occur in the cited article URL. Indeed, struggling with my least favored Romance language, I have not found yet a paragraph authorizing "gun confisgations[sic]."

Confisgation[sic] is a really lame eggcorn, but to be expected here and from that user.

confiscate weapons, is in the linked article .... have an issue between "gun" and "weapon" .. because "weapon" would include guns.

Nightmare loses cred on this post. Appears to be simply a personal attack.

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

Except that Article 16 of the most recent 1958 Constitution (truly a living breathing document in la Belle France) legitimizes extraordinary powers of the President, and Article 36 provides regulation of "state of siege" (état de siège) by transferring powers from the civil authorities to the military.

How many Constitutions has France had, how many governments? The common name for the Constitution of 1958 is The Constitution of The Fifth Republic and it replaces the Constitution of The Fourth Republic of 1946. The Constitution of 1958 has been amended eighteen times.

Think on this when fools cry for a US Constitutional Convention.

+1

The founders, at least some of them, intended that the constitution be able to be modified by future generations in certain ways for certain reasons, but this country is without a doubt not in a state where that responsibility would be understood or done correctly. A constitutional convention wouldn't result in the constitution being modified for good, that is practically certain.

Of course any laws passed that infringe upon a natural right are void upon passage.

Unfortunately there's no magic stopping void laws from being enforced. Hell, the enforcers regularly step outside of their legal confines today, they surely wouldn't self-regulate to avoid using void laws.

davidmcbeth

Banned
<snip>

Unfortunately there's no magic stopping void laws from being enforced. Hell, the enforcers regularly step outside of their legal confines today, they surely wouldn't self-regulate to avoid using void laws.

That's correct .... but people have been brainwashed into thinking that the constitution confers rights ~ even with pro-gunners. I would think if the constitution was modified to eliminate the 2nd amendment 99% of the sheep would just go alone with it.

stealthyeliminator

That's correct .... but people have been brainwashed into thinking that the constitution confers rights ~ even with pro-gunners. I would think if the constitution was modified to eliminate the 2nd amendment 99% of the sheep would just go alone with it.

Unfortunately you're absolutely right. I mean, I don't think it's exactly 99%, but I get what you mean, and probably all of us here have seen it first hand, the pro-gun, anti-liberty folk who decry rights and fall over themselves chasing state privilege.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Unfortunately you're absolutely right. I mean, I don't think it's exactly 99%, but I get what you mean, and probably all of us here have seen it first hand, the pro-gun, anti-liberty folk who decry rights and fall over themselves chasing state privilege.

Maybe 97% LOL. And 1-3% might be enough to restore our freedoms.