• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unconstitutional ?

Sono

Short answer, yes, a permit (endorsement) is a infringement and uncostitutional. Even though the penalty is "only" $35 for not having one it is a prior restraint on the peaceful exercise of our RKBA. The permit is also a fee to exercise a enumerated right, to avoid the prior restraint, and as such it too is unconstitutional. The exercise of our right in some political subdivisions makes the crime (penalty) far more severe and as such is a infringement and unconstitutional. The state of MO continues to permit these infringements because they generate revenue for the political subdivisions...and lawyers.

As to that yelling fire thing...there is no government imposed prior restraint on you yelling fire, but the penalty for yelling fire, even in a empty theater, exists. Your 1A is not infringed so go ahead and yell fire, your freedom after the yelling is (will be) infringed.

because they generate revenue for the political subdivisions

Thats exactly where they are fighting it, the permits arent really needed, its just the governments way of "controlling"

Ezek

I kind of just read the initial post and the first reply and skipped the rest, as I believe a simple answer could have been given to it..

the 2nd gives the right to keep and bear arms, how the individual keeps said arms ( openly or concealed) is up to the individual. Oc or concealed will all bear them for the purpose of defense if needed.

solus

Misdirected? Sono Solus Ipse is no prestidigitator. There are none so blind as who will not see.

alas nightmare, you must be aware tis extremely difficult to overcome the master's renown skill, as your own sleight is quite skilled, even if your sight is diminished.

ipse