• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Being a good neighbor?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Neighbor shoots, kills suspect in attempted home invasion

HOUSTON --

"Neighbors say just after 10 p.m. Saturday, four to eight men in two cars parked on the side of the street near Auronia Drive and Park Talon Drive. They say the men got out of the cars and forced their way into one of the homes."

"A neighbor who was walking on the sidewalk witnessed the incident, pulled his gun and confronted the suspects before shooting one of them."

http://www.khou.com/story/news/crim...ots-kills-suspect-in-home-invastion/75822148/
[h=1][/h]

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Even us non-Texans know by now that it's going to be declared well within the law.

Either he will have moved the BGs on to another neighborhood or he's set up the neighborhood for a drive-by. Only time will tell.

stay safe.

nonameisgood

People ask why I carry in my home, frequently adding "because it's a good neighborhood." I just let them keep thinking that bad guys would bother invading homes in bad neighborhoods. (Because that's where the good stuff is?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bill.keen

I carry from the time I wake up till the time I go to bed, never know when some dumb piece of **** might try to break into my home.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Yes, but when it does happen, the really comforting news is that the police are just minutes away (when seconds matter). :monkey
I like the way you think.

No rule was broken in your posting either
icon14.png

jordanmills

I wish nobody'd had to get killed... but sounds like my kind of neighbor and the best outcome in a poor set of circumstances.