Thread: Ohio Teachers Packing!

Ohio Teachers Packing!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/16.../?intcmp=hpbt4

At least 40 Buckeye School Districts allowing teachers with permits to carry in the classroom! Go get em Ohio!
    Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
    Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
    Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
    Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
    -Patrick Henry, Virginia Ratification Convention, June 5, 1788

Founder's Club Member
    I don't recall an exception in the federal GFSZ statute for teachers.

Am I forgetting something? Did Ohio just nullify the federal statute?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    The federal GFSZ Act does not apply to people with a carry license from the state where the school is located (reciprocal agreements do not count). The OP says that they all have licenses.

This is not new, teachers have been carrying in some Ohio districts for a long time. Some people have been working to move this across the Ohio River into Ky. A few Ky. private school districts have done it already, but no public districts are willing to join in, although the existing state law allows for it.
    I saw that. For some reason, right or wrong, I had in mind that not even that would allow carrying guns in schools.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Buckeye Firearms Assoc. has worked hard on getting this done and they are succeeding. Good for them.

Ohio law has allowed this for many years.