• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking at moving to the Seattle area

solus

See how hard that wasn't solus?

Washington does not have resident or non-resident CPLs. It has CPLs. Period.

good heavens () you have your front man clarify?? 'fraid that's as bad as jeb or bernie after the debates...(no i think better of you than to compare you to Hillary...:shocker:)

ipse

and finally, why didn't anybody suggest the OP get a wa license off their parents house in spokane?

just saying...

Last edited:

grylnsmn

and finally, why didn't anybody suggest the OP get a wa license off their parents house in spokane?
Someone did suggest getting a CPL while in Spokane. On that front, it greatly depends on how long I have when I stop in Spokane en route to Seattle. With the current schedule (assuming no delays due to weather driving cross country) I simply may not have time to do so, just like I didn't have time to do so while in Seattle for the interview.

Also, you don't have to talk about me in the third person, as though I were simply some drive-by new account that you expect will never show up again. I've been around for almost 5 years and have over 500 posts on OCDO. You can direct such suggestions directly to me.

Grim_Night

Someone did suggest getting a CPL while in Spokane. On that front, it greatly depends on how long I have when I stop in Spokane en route to Seattle. With the current schedule (assuming no delays due to weather driving cross country) I simply may not have time to do so, just like I didn't have time to do so while in Seattle for the interview.

Also, you don't have to talk about me in the third person, as though I were simply some drive-by new account that you expect will never show up again. I've been around for almost 5 years and have over 500 posts on OCDO. You can direct such suggestions directly to me.

Please disregard Solus. And please stop quoting him. Some of us have him on our ignore list for very valid reasons and prefer not to view anything that he may post on these forums as he tends to be a bit of a troll.

Related to your situation. It's obvious that you have it well in hand what your options are and you seem to know what you may or may not have the ability to do and seem to have a plan as to how to do what you need to do. Kudos

solus

Please disregard Solus. And please stop quoting him. Some of us have him on our ignore list for very valid reasons and prefer not to view anything that he may post on these forums as he tends to be a bit of a troll.

Related to your situation. It's obvious that you have it well in hand what your options are and you seem to know what you may or may not have the ability to do and seem to have a plan as to how to do what you need to do. Kudos

FYI, This august individual who slings disparaging comment and name calling is an individual who provided the OP on a public forum hypothetical guidance, not once but numerous examples, while not advocating illegal activity, of how to run around mandated WA firearm statutes as well as:

quote: stay out of the major metropolitan areas such as Seattle, Olympia, Tacoma, etc. Also, try to steer clear of King county. Kitsap county is not so bad and most of eastern Washington is decent if you can handle the weather. unquote.

nice to see your true colors grim...oh wait you can't read this can you since i am on ignore...and to think you were so pleasant at the breakfast gathering where the nice ex-nra lady spoke.

ipse

solus

solus, aren't you supposed to be out and about in your Grinch costume this time of year? :p

you truly wish to start with the name calling lad, is it truly worth ruining your intellectual reputation on this forum by showing the entire august membership how your childhood taunts are ineffective in an adult conversation?
images

just saying...

ipse

Grim_Night

FYI, This august individual who slings disparaging comment and name calling is an individual who provided the OP on a public forum hypothetical guidance, not once but numerous examples, while not advocating illegal activity, of how to run around mandated WA firearm statutes as well as:

quote:
stay out of the major metropolitan areas such as Seattle, Olympia, Tacoma, etc. Also, try to steer clear of King county. Kitsap county is not so bad and most of eastern Washington is decent if you can handle the weather.

ipse

Solus, What exactly is wrong with the above portion that you quoted? I was simply stating that Seattle, Olympia, Tacoma and King County in general are fairly liberal and that open carry is very frowned upon as many on the Washington State forums will agree. In fact, most of the I-5 corridor is fairly liberal in Washington. Kitsap County is decent to a point. Eastern Washington is almost the exact opposite.

As for anything that I might have stated that COULD be taken as advocating illegal or unlawful acts, if you have a direct accusation to make then make it... just not in this thread as it is off topic. I will not resort to further "name calling" as you put it. I said what I had to say regarding my opinion of you and that is where I will leave it. This is the last time I will state say anything regarding you, I hope.

Grylnsmn, enjoy your stay in Washington state.

solus

Solus, What exactly is wrong with the above portion that you quoted? I was simply stating that Seattle, Olympia, Tacoma and King County in general are fairly liberal and that open carry is very frowned upon as many on the Washington State forums will agree. In fact, most of the I-5 corridor is fairly liberal in Washington. Kitsap County is decent to a point. Eastern Washington is almost the exact opposite.

As for anything that I might have stated that COULD be taken as advocating illegal or unlawful acts, if you have a direct accusation to make then make it... just not in this thread as it is off topic. I will not resort to further "name calling" as you put it. I said what I had to say regarding my opinion of you and that is where I will leave it. This is the last time I will state say anything regarding you, I hope.

Grylnsmn, enjoy your stay in Washington state.

never encountered any issue whatsoever in and about the cities and counties you mentioned grim but unfortunately must agree eastern Washington is delightful, an OC heaven.

Grim, how on earth could my post be off topic at this point since you initially made the quote:...not condoning any illegal activity.... unquote & quote: ...hypothetically speaking....unquote back in mid- November immediately after someone pointed out:
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.010
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.113
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.115

BTW, thank you for your restraint on the name calling and your personal opinion is, of course, your burden to bear.

ipse

Last edited:

grylnsmn

On my way

I am writing this from a hotel in Fargo, ND. If all goes well (particularly in the passes on I-90 in Idaho), I should arrive in Washington on Tuesday. I should be in the Seattle area on Thursday or so.

I look forward to meeting many of you after my family and I get settled.

Freedom1Man

I am writing this from a hotel in Fargo, ND. If all goes well (particularly in the passes on I-90 in Idaho), I should arrive in Washington on Tuesday. I should be in the Seattle area on Thursday or so.

I look forward to meeting many of you after my family and I get settled.
I am in Issaquah along I-90.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk