• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Missing Va OCer reports

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I have been a ghost for awhile but I will be at lobby day. Too many things are going wrong not to go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
How will we recognize you, know who you are? :lol:

Bring friends, neighbors, co-workers - too many things are going wrong not to.

MSC 45ACP

Thanks for the concern

Some of our Virgina friends have simply disappeared, poof gone. Would really appreciate it if anyone can shed some light on where these good people are.

MSC 45ACP - Mike, retired Coast Guard, moved to Yorktown from Newport News, had health issues, two lovely daughters in college. Last posted July 2012.

curtiswr / Curtis - was very active young man, lived and worked in apt complex in the West End of Richmond last I heard, had health issues. Last posted March 2013.

Please use this thread as a bulletin board for your own lost and missing friends.

Note that any seriously off topic replies will be deleted. Want to keep the thread clean and will take steps to insure that it does.

Thank you very much for the concern. I've been dealing with health & family issues for a while. A couple trips to the ER and a few days in the hospital over the last year, but I'm doing ok now.

I really appreciate y'all being here and worrying about me. Oldest and 3rd children have turned into accomplished marksmen, especially the younger of the two. I got her an old Anschutz/Savage Model 10 a few years ago and she can print a group the size of my thumbnail at the 25 yard line. Her group with a 1911 grows a little bigger: About a fist-sized group using some old TZZ (Israeli HARDBALL ammo made for their military) on a TransTar II (human sized silhouette). Oldest still likes her Combat Tupperware (Glock) 21, but got something a bit smaller for carrying (CC). I think its a S&W Shield of some sort. Traitor went to 9mm, too!

My back has gotten a little worse, so I haven't been carrying either .45 for a while. Usually have a Ruger LCR-357 nowadays with a few speed-loaders for travelling Downtown. It is DEFINITELY not a range gun. It stops being fun after the first 5 full-load .357 defense rounds. It sure spits a lot of fire, too. I've heard they make special rounds for short-barreled pistols that have less recoil and more complete burning powder.

I'll try to check in here more often in the future and avoid being an MIA Poster-Child! Thanks once again for "missing" me.

Fondest Regards;

Mike